IGNORED

Tire rotation is backwards

I agree with the ply wrapping. I have been told the rear tire gets it's most stress during acceleration while the front gets it's most stress during breaking. So the plys are wrapped different for the front vs rear. For this reason you should reverse a rear tire used on the front or front used on the rear. I don't know if it is true or not but it make sense to me.

Mike

When installing a rear tire on the front Darkside used to say (And they got this from Metziler) to run them in reverse rotation when running a REAR on the FRONT. However on Darkside forum they updated it that you can run it either way and even ROTATE it for extended wear and use. So You are good to go no matter what you do and expect to get about 30K miles out of that tire where it is mounted. And yes I would rotate it every 5k miles,

I am doing this last 20K miles on my Roadstar, Have yet to go Darkside on the Venture. And I have to say this Bike tire on the rear has scared the bejesus out of me 5 times so far, anyone know how many Bejesuses a person has in them? :confused24:

Running a rear tire on the front is fine... running a D404 is fine... I have my 2nd rear D404 mounted on the front with no issues... It gives you 3/16" more rubber and a higher load rating than a front tire... Manufacturers do suggest mounting it opposite the arrow... I ran a Bridgestone radial rear once with the arrow and the tire cupped at about 3K miles... I'm running a Kumho car tire on back...

Ok I am not sure whether my question has been answered. If so I just don't understand and I apologize. I attached a pic of what I am talking about. The pic is of the front tire/rim and taken from the right side of the bike so the right side of the pic would be the direction of travel. I had the dealer mount the new front tire. It is an actual front tire and not a rear mounted on the front. So looking at the tire, it is going in the correct direction. In the same pic if you look at the rim, the rotation is pointing towards the rear of the bike. SO the dealer mounted the tire backwards on the rim. Is it ok if the rim is going the wrong direction? I have been experiencing what feels like a loose front end since installing the new tire so could this be my problem? Bearings are good.

Best I can tell is that it is running in the right direction. The arrow points down (picture is hard to tell) and that is the direction of travel.

:farmer:

Ok maybe I am not explaining this well. Yes the tire arrow is pointing down which is the correct direction. My concern is the rim. Look at the pic and look directly to the left of the tire arrow at the rim. There is also a rotation arrow on the rim. It is going the opposite direction of the arrow on the tire. So that to me means the rim is on backwards. The tire itself is correct. So if the rim itself has a rotational arrow you would think that arrow must run the same direction as the tire arrow. That would tell me the rim is on wrong. Does it matter which way the rim is mounted

From your pic It's obvious the tire is going oneway and the rim the other never noticed the rim had a directional arrow. In answer to your question I just don't know but you have me curious.

Exactly!! And the reason I am wondering if it could be an issue is because the feelings I am having started shortly after having the front tire mounted and reinstalled.

I think I would start a new thread. Looks like your having trouble getting your point across that it is THE RIM THAT IS BACKWARDS. I don't see how they managed to get both arrows the tire and the rim lined up together. I mount my own tires and I had to go check mine to see if I had done the same thing. But I got lucky I guess and have mine on with both going the same direction.