IGNORED

Exhaust question

I like loud. I have drilled the back of the muufler and still think its sounds like a 90 year old man snoring.

If I cut out the rear plate on the muffler and pulled out the tube would I run into a problem with the carb mix and backpressure? Would it lean out too much?

I modified my mufflers today by cutting the inner tube as described by previous posts and not loud enough for me. Can notice a little difference while accellerating but cruising not much. Was hooping for a little more sound to try and hide the annoying whine I get from the engine. I am thinking a Rk pipes are in order.

go with stock "rk" muff's, sound pretty good. I drilled out my stocks last year and they sounded like crap so i plugged them back up and lived with it. last week i put the "rk" pipes i've had for a couple years and they sound great, can't believe i ever took them off. helps cover up the whine.

go with stock "rk" muff's, sound pretty good. I drilled out my stocks last year and they sounded like crap so i plugged them back up and lived with it. last week i put the "rk" pipes i've had for a couple years and they sound great, can't believe i ever took them off. helps cover up the whine.

What year of RKs did ou go with?

I don't know, i got them on ebay for like $30, I think one is a cat muff but no big deal. bike runs great and sounds good. not to loud not to quiet.

I think the ticket hear is the man what's LOUD. RK's don't meet this requirement. I'd suggest a set of Nasty Boys, or Sampson's.... Now that's loud.... Actually an older set of Bubbs with the battening blown out aren't too shabby either....

I have a midnight Venture that I gutted the pipes at 18,000 miles and love the noise and I'm ask lots what mufflers I have...Now I have 94,325 miles and love it........LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES.....and my Stieble Air horn in the fairing!

:Venture: I did blow my speakers when I run either of my short windshields though.....Bought guarenteed not to blow speakers from Sierra Electronics and they are as advertized!

• 4 weeks later...