Does anyone know of where you can get replacement studs for a pillow top seat (drivers) for a 2003 RSV? Or maybe have a homemade solution to fix them? :fingers-crossed-emo I'm talking about the threaded mounting studs that bolt the seat on to the frame.

Edited by oldschool

Does anyone know of where you can get replacement studs for a pillow top seat (drivers) for a 2003 RSV? Or maybe have a homemade solution to fix them? :fingers-crossed-emo

I would think that any decent upholsterer should be able to match and replace missing studs and buttons.

I think he means the seat studs on a Midnight seat.

The only ones that I could find are the ones sold by Mustang which have 2 barbes that get bent over after you punch them through the cover. I can't seem to find any like the oem Yamaha studs which are 2 piece which get set with a punch.

I have to ask man. Which studs? The mounting studs or the decorative ones on the seat?

I thought he was talking about the threaded studs that are used to attach the seat to the bike, because the pillow top seats do not have decorative studs on them and I am pretty sure the Midnights that do have decorative studs never came with a pillow top seat.

I accidentally broke one of the mounting studs and need to replace it.

Send a PM to Rick Butler. He just modified my seats and replaced the missing studs on my mine. He should be able to give you the info you need. Better yet, send him your seats for the Butler Butt Mod and he'll replace the studs for you.

Andy