IGNORED

Trike on the way

OldBear

Well, I finally did it. Ordered a Roadsmith kit today for my Goldwing! Arthritis and old age are catching up to me I guess and I found myself worrying about my hip when stopping the bike. (Afraid that, especially when I'm two up, the hip will give way and I'll not be able to hold the bike). Anyway, after looking and soul searching I finally decided to spring for three wheels. The Roadsmith's got a lot of features that I really like and is the only trike kit I've found that somebody's not complaining about:)...Anyway, it ships the week of April 9, so middle of next month I'll be "up" on 3!

congratulations remember to post some before and after pics. You putting it together yourself.

Thanks! I've got a friend who has been a motorcycle mechanic for 30 years who's putting it together. I know he'll do it right (and he works reasonably!

:think: just was wondering what that means? :think:

When you check on the various websites you always find folks "gripping" about their their machine(whatever type of machine, car, bike, etc.) In checking a LOT I found most folks happy with all the various models, BUT I did find several folks who were "complaining" about each model, except the Roadsmith. That, combined with the impression the machine made on my last year at WingDing was one of the big reasons why I settled on the 'Smith. I really like the way they're put together. At the show last year I saw one with the body off and it was impressive!

Bear, what is the kit price on it ? and it is shipped to your home?

The base price for the kit is $7999. Mine is pretty well "loaded" and it comes to a bit over $13k. They will ship right to your home.

Roadsmith says 2 days for assembly if you've not done one before. At Wingding last year a guy road in a Wing and SIX hours later it was a completed trike! They had two guys working on it, and (obviously) they'd done this a time or two before:whistling:. My buddy is an excellent wrench and quite finicky, so I figure 1 1/2 days or so from the time I get the kit. The prices are posted at the Roadsmith web site-check 'em out! (Did I mention the 3 year/Million mile warranty?) If you're interested, call 'em and ask for Doug Lindholm-he is VERY helpful!

They look very nice. great chioce. I don't see any kits avalible for a 2nd Gen tho?

looks like it is very well built. :) your going to love the trike world.!

Jeff

I think so too. It's going to be quite a change but between my health issues I think it's going to allow the wife and I to continue to ride together for a long time to come:bighug:

I was or am in the same condition as you are and I did this 3 years ago.

I will never turn back or will I ever regret doing the change. even the

wife feels better on the trike now as well. she feels more secure I guess.

You will LOVE it!

Jeff

I was or am in the same condition as you are and I did this 3 years ago.

I will never turn back or will I ever regret doing the change. even the

wife feels better on the trike now as well. she feels more secure I guess.

You will LOVE it!

Jeff

I'll 2nd this as well. Sure I miss the two wheelers now and then but also know in my heart triking was the best way to go for me as well.

Currently I have close to 50 k on my bike with 30 k of that on 3 wheels. :cool10:

Larry