IGNORED

Honest advice needed

Welcome csf, i want to say that i saw this thread and began reading it and could not stop. i have read every post, and i have to say that it sounds like you got a lot of good honest and experienced opinions here. if you find yourself that one bike that you love, then i would highly recommend your next step to be to become a full fledged member here (only 12 dollars a yr). all the needed information for all your upgrades and maintenance for these bikes is in this site.

i am really proud to say that i am part of this great group of people here. i am so grateful to all that have really helped me out over the yrs, and all the fellowship and great rides.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2: :goodpost:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want to look at a couple of used,that are close to you.Go on Pennswoods.net/classifieds click on motorcycles then search yamaha.They have a 2007 rstd with 13,500 miles for $8300,and a 2007 midnight venture with 14,000 miles for $10500.I have had a 2007 midnight venture for 2 yrs. and I and the wife both love this bike!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update this thread, today I did purchase the used 2006 Venture, now with 6082 miles on it. The bike is spotless, truly looks new, and has always been garaged. It has new tires and battery, dealer maintenance, replaced rear shock under warranty, and apparently has some extras like a trunk rack, led lights, a trailer hitch (never used), and some minor soft accessories. It passed our state inspection in 15 minutes and the inspector said it looked great. I paid $10k including delivery - some may say too high but I could not find a better example with such low mileage near me. The bike certainly does make some noise . . . but I did not find it objectionable. I have never ridden such a heavy machine so I look forward to getting more comfortable on it. Thanks again for all the advice.

Craig

Hello Craig: Congrats on your purchase. You did just fine and should enjoy the new ride. Welcome to the site. The advice I have received over the past two years makes owning motorcycle so much more enjoyable. We have met many nice members in person including RandyR at VR envents. Our vacation now gets planned around at least one event each year. Ride safe.:)