IGNORED

Ideas, Please

wes0778

I just received my run/stop/turn light from Super Bright LEDs. I know to mount it to the bolt holes between the helmet locks on my RSV, I need spacers, to set it out enough to clear the trunk. I have seen where some of you that have this light bar have used what looks like white plastic bushings. I'm wondering what they are and where did you get them? Or what have others used?

I bought a piece of aluminum bar 1" x 1/8 maybe, i'm not home to look at it right now. I bent it 90 degrees, drilled holes to match helmet holder holes and light bar hole so that it was sticking out where I wanted it. Did the same for the other side. I then filed it down, rounding the edges to make it a more custom fit, then polished the aluminum to make it all pretty.

I had a piece of like 5/16 or 3/8 alum tubing from another project laying around. I got it from one of the local DIY stores. I think it came in like a 2 or 3 ft piece for say $6 or something. I measured how long I wanted it and used a tubing cutter for a nice clean cut. Filed edges and then polished it all up with some turtle wax chrome polish.

I picked up one of those Venture Line led wings for the RSV, and did you know that one of those little 9volt batteries will work to light them up for testing.... At least they did on mine.... A little easier than dragging out the big 12vdc.