IGNORED

it might have to go?

oldgoat

sad: to say i might have to sell the 1984 royal.

im still fighting a workers comp case. and i still owe$2500 on the car. to have it paid in full. i know the bike wont bring in that much? it does run but like allways it needs some TLC. i have put $$ into it. and im sure a good paint job and some tunning will bring this bike back to its glory days.

when the weather gets better. i will go out and uncover it and snap some pics.

i know pics can make it look nice. and seeing as ones on this site have not rode it? they still might give a good offer for it? EUSA1 mike did a small run on it when he was kind enough to help me get it to my place and out of storage. he might be able to give a fair opion on the bike should he be so inclined to do so?

if i should settle my workers comp cliam this summer i would be in the market for another one. now i want people to understand i am not asking in any way for help again to save the bike and keep the car? you all work hard for your money.

yes i would like to keep it. but i need my car. thats an all around transportaion. as the bike is not.

like i said when i get time to take pictures i shall post them.

thank you all

sincerly

james

aka oldgoat.

Feel your pain, My be close to having to make that decision myself.

You have to do what must be done. I watched a motivational video

yesterday and it's basis was about letting go. Sometimes things have to rearange

things to allow yourself to move forward.

Well James, as long as there is food on the table, clothes on your back, and a roof over your head then the rest is luxury. Yes, you need basic transportation so the car should be your main priority. We respect your wishes to not offer help this time but if you ever have any genuine need please feel free to turn to us, we are all family!

I know how you feel!!

Been down that road a few times having to sell my Bikes various times due to my heart & knee problems-kids needing money-funerals - inherited bills from Mother-in- law & Father when they passed on etc etc etc.

Hope everything works out for you

Buddy

Edited by buddy

i got an offer on it today. of $550.00 i didnt even tell him about the $1500 in work done to the brakes and the total exhaust?

i did not say yes. i let the man look it over i placed the battery back in it and 3 cranks with the choke on she fired right up:cool10: i let it sit and warm up some with the choke on. then i took the choke off and she started that popping that mike noticed a while back. like one cyl. is missing? the man didnt say nothing about it because as soon as i reved it up it would go away? im thinking new plugs,cap or wires? if i sell it this is not my problem. he then wanted to take it for a spin? i said it would be okay with me. but he must put it back where it was after the ride. it,s behind my building. mike EUSA1 had to do a little hill climb and backed it down to where its at. the man said he does not have enough experience to go up that little hill and then back it down and place it back on the center stand? and with my knees i can not do it myself. he left and did not call back. oh well!! i will wait till may or june. and maybe ask mike if he would come down again and help me get it out and by the side of my apartment for me.

If it will start and run, try some seafoam in the gas. Let it run for a while until you know its in the carbs and shut it down. Let it sit overnight and start it up again the next day. Make sure battery is fully charged and cables are tight. Even running it on the centerstand periodically will be better than letting it sit. You can start it up at night and see if there is any spark leaking causing a miss.

Cleaning the bike is cheap or free, just your time. Even if some stuff is faded, cleaning what you you can clean can make a big difference in curb appeal. Hope things get turned arond for you.

RSTDdog

i will mike thanks. im going to give it a good cleaning. first.. then im thinking around april.. im not in a big hurry to sell it as im keeping my head above water so far. and i am going to tag it so if you want to crank it down the road again when im ready feel free to do so. and of course if rick wants to come im buying ok