IGNORED

Bowerston, Ohio?

craigatcsi

We will be spending several days with friends in Bowerston, Ohio this spring. They don't ride so they don't know what kind of roads to look for from Bikers. Since I ride a Venture and not a Crotch Rocket, I am looking for midly curvy roads to 'cruise' on, NOT race. Also, any local sights or places of interest.

While our friends are at work, we planned on cruising the local area, 'sight seeing'.

When we were visiting them last year, we learned of a couple of customs that were different from ours here in Omaha, Ne. - They like vinager on their French Fires, and have something like 'Hot Bacon dressing' for their salads!! BOTH of these really surprised us and we LOVED them.

So, while we are out sight seeing, I would like to find some local places to eat that are either differrent or just plain ole VERY good food. We are getting tired of eating at 'Applebees' or other chains everytime we go out of town. So, I thought some of you folks might have favorite places you could point us to.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

craigr

Try the Heartland diner in Carolton for a great platefull of home cooking. Then drive around Attwood lake to new philly. Grab Rt 800 and ride down state thru Wayne Ntl forest. Great ride. You can come back up the Ohio river on Rt7 and take 22 back to tapan and bowerston. These are just some of our great rideing roads here in Ohio.:322:

Holmes County is well worth the trip. It is the heart of Amish country in Ohio. The roads are hilly and windy. But be careful not to come to close to the buggies. Take it easy and enjoy the scenery.

Yama Mama

AND BEWARE OF THE ROAD APPLES!!!:Venture:

Wow! - Keep them coming.

I knew I could count on you folks for ideas.

As far as the 'Family Style' eating, I don't really care for it. We ate that way at a place like that in the Amana Colonies in Iowa. The food was good, but the 'Family Style' didn't appeal to me. I will eat that way if I must, but prefer not to.

We are also interested in any side attractions, shops, etc. We are taking our Trailer, so we will have 'some' extra room.

Thanks again for the ideas so far. I will have to get out the map and start marking them down.

craigr

We will be spending several days with friends in Bowerston, Ohio this spring. They don't ride so they don't know what kind of roads to look for from Bikers. Since I ride a Venture and not a Crotch Rocket, I am looking for midly curvy roads to 'cruise' on, NOT race. Also, any local sights or places of interest.

While our friends are at work, we planned on cruising the local area, 'sight seeing'.

When we were visiting them last year, we learned of a couple of customs that were different from ours here in Omaha, Ne. - They like vinager on their French Fires, and have something like 'Hot Bacon dressing' for their salads!! BOTH of these really surprised us and we LOVED them.

So, while we are out sight seeing, I would like to find some local places to eat that are either differrent or just plain ole VERY good food. We are getting tired of eating at 'Applebees' or other chains everytime we go out of town. So, I thought some of you folks might have favorite places you could point us to.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

craigr

Give me a call when you get settled, I live in Malvern, just 20 minutes from Bowerston. I'd be happy to show you a couple roads. As a matter of fact, you can get from Bowerston to the Ohio river, about 2 hours away and only see ZERO traffic lights, not to mention one of the best kept secret restaurants around. Getting back is a little different, might have 3 traffic lights to contend with.

Wow Hummingbird, I will definately contact you, thanks for the offer.

Also, now the wife has discovered that the Internet has told her that Niagra Falls is only 5 hours away. So.....

I told her it would have to be an overnighter, so we will have to see what the week has in store.

craigr

Wow Hummingbird, I will definately contact you, thanks for the offer.

Also, now the wife has discovered that the Internet has told her that Niagra Falls is only 5 hours away. So.....

I told her it would have to be an overnighter, so we will have to see what the week has in store.

craigr

Craig, I live between Peoria and Bloomington Il and if you need a place to crash for the night we have plenty of room, hot shower and a grage for the bike. You are more than welcome to spend the night. And who knows may ride aways with you when you leave.

Rick

Wow! That is a generous offer, especially to a stranger.

The first leg of our trip will be to Belevere, IL to visit family and be on his Radio show again, then to Ohio, then to Indy for a friends Wedding & the Indy 500. When we leave Indy for home, I'm sure we will do it all at one shot. We usually do it that way.

I think we have the lodging taken care of but greatly appreciate the offer.

You folks are the best.

Give me a call when you get settled, I live in Malvern, just 20 minutes from Bowerston. I'd be happy to show you a couple roads. As a matter of fact, you can get from Bowerston to the Ohio river, about 2 hours away and only see ZERO traffic lights, not to mention one of the best kept secret restaurants around. Getting back is a little different, might have 3 traffic lights to contend with.

Dick is a great tour guide....Showed us around down there one year. :thumbsup: