IGNORED

Asheville 2012

Venturous Randy

Well, since this is the off year for Vogal here in the south east, I think we need to see what interest we may have in having another Asheville Rally. What I have done in the past is throw out the opportunity for everyone to let me know what interest there is and what dates people would like to suggest. Once we start getting this information, we can start putting something together.

For those of you that have never been to the Asheville get together, it is really more like an extended meet and eat. It is very laid back and we have a great time. It is not real organized and so far that has worked real good. In the past we have stayed at the Asheville East KOA campground and have always been able to have the main congregation at the lilly pond. This is a great place in the campground as is is a bit off to itself and is also within walking distance to the cabins.

There is not a registration fee and your costs are what you spend just having fun. We have always been able to double up on the campsites and this helps. We have in the past had about six or so campsites together and with these sites being large, we just kind of fill it up. For those that do not want to camp, there are nice cabins and a lot of motels close by. And, if you want any door prises, you will have to bring your own.

As far as rides and meals, the opportunities in this area are abundant. You could spend a month in this area and still find great roads to ride and places to eat. We put together rides by asking "Who wants to ride where?" and go from there. Some may want to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway down to Cherokee, NC, which is the most majestic part of the parkway for running the crest of the mountains and is also the highest elevation on the parkway. Some may want to go to Grandfather Mountain or Chimney Rock. Some may want to go to the Biltmore house. Google these places if you don't know about them.

As far as food, in the past we have gathered most at a particular BBQ restaurant on one evening and usually breakfast is fixed at the campground. We will make a run to the store for food and folks will chip in a couple of bucks. We usually have pancakes and bacon and sausage. To my knowledge, no one has ever left hungry.

As far as dates, the times could probably be from June to September. We will just have to see how it would work best for the most people. Just respond with your thoughts and suggestions and we will see what can be put together.

RandyA

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for posting randy,it was good talking to you today. like i stated eaely in our talking i dont pick up any time until aug the 8th. the first one of these i went to was in aug so i'm thinking that should be fine with the masses. hopefuly we will get some good hits and start planning in the next couple of weeks so we can give as much notice as we can so people can plan to attend.it is a great time of fellowship,eating,riding and scaring the wild life.

I hope I can meet up with a few of you that live in the area, I'm going to be up there, May 19th-24th, for a M&G with the Freemasons Riding Club, were all staying at the convention center 70 Soco Road, Maggie Valley

I've yet to visit the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley. Maybe I could get up there to visit the museum while you're in Maggie Valley.

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/images/stories//bodyphotos/mckenraffle.jpg

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

Edited by RandyR

I've yet to visit the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley. Maybe I could get up there to visit the museum while you're in Maggie Valley.

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/images/stories//bodyphotos/mckenraffle.jpg

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

I see nothing wrong with spending a couple weeks there:thumbsup:

F.Y.I. i talked to the K.O.A. today and they said those dates should be no problem. she did say one of those weeks they had big bbq but still no prob and the other week 8-11 sourwood festival is in black mountain but still good. ask about a discount and she said that usual she thought that everyone made their own res seperate and not as a group. she looked up ventureriders and said she had no listing but remembers us and said please come she'd love to have us again.

for those who want,i'm thinking of getting a t-shirt made up for the asheville rally/exstended meet and eat. it will totaly be up to those who want and is not mandantory by any means nor must you bye one to come. just trying to spruce it up a little. have to get back with the printer on exact cost but i'm thinking around 10-16 bucks. whatever it cost is the price of the shirt no profit.i know the only,well one of the requirements is i'll have to order at least one dozen. i might be off on the price due to my idea on the shirt but if so i'll adjust it to make them affordable.

• 3 weeks later...

F.Y.I. i talked to Randy a couple of days ago and waiting for him to call me back. about the shirts,i was thinking of either going with two separate styles or one together. the two separate would be venturerider on the front and Asheville 2012 with a pic of a first gen on the back. number two would be venturerider on the front and Asheville 2012 with a pic of a second gen on the back. the one together would be venturerider on the front and Asheville 2012 and a pic of a first gen and a pic of a second gen facing each other,what ya think???