IGNORED

Any Pontoon Boats for sale?

CaptainJoe

Would like to purchase a slightly used, 2005 or newer pontoon boat 26-28 footer with trailer.correction: triple tubed would be best but would settle for double tubed.

Please keep your eyes open... am willing to travel up to 1000 miles for one. Am located in Sandyville WV

Edited by CaptainJoe

Would like to purchase a slightly used, 2005 or newer pontoon boat 26-28 footer with trailer. Tri hull would be best but would settle for double hull.

Please keep your eyes open... am willing to travel up to 1000 miles for one. Am located in Sandyville WV

Would that be considered a 1st or 2nd Gen???

:rotf::rotf:

Here is one that is for sale locally. Don't know anything other than what was posted.

‎25'1983 crest11 pontoon,1988 100hp motor w/trailer.still for sale.3,000.00 everything is in fine condition. we have been enjoyin this for the last 4 yrs,but now that it's the 2 of us,we downsized need to sell asap 731 336 9193

ragtop69gs- lookin for a newer boat that I don't have to work on... the wife says I need to get a hobby(besides work) :confused24:

Hummingbird- would like someone else to take the depreciation hit.. If ya buy a boat 3-5 years old you save half or more. A triple tubed 26' with 70-100 hp engine and trailer +- $30,000? Case in point , my neighbor went to NC 3 years ago and bought a brand new (2 year old demo) 20' 50 hp and trailer for $8000 something.

Monty - a litltle older than I would like . They have marine grade plywood(if origional) and it rots out as well as the vinyl seats. Unles of course they have kep it updated and covered or garaged... i've seen some boats 25 years old that looked brand new course they belonged to older folks and had very little hours.

Thanks guys keep you eyes peeled...

Edited by CaptainJoe

I haul pontoon boats as a way to finance bike trips. I have seen 20 YO boats that looked new and 40,000 + Benningtons that were 5 YO and looked beat to death. Like you said Joe, it's all in how they are taken care of, just like our bikes. The 2 i have were neglected by the previous owners. The big boat has a newer deck & carpeting, no furniture, we just use lawn chairs on deck. I like it that way because when you get a boat load of drunk friends, S*IT happens. :doh: I have put new cables and a prop on it. When the weather warms a bit I'll go through the motor and sell it. When someone has a decent boat for sale cheap I'll buy it, fix it up a bit and at least double my $$

Monty... Think your right . It only has one axel and I'm thinkin 18' tops... price is still good though if it includes the trailer, and it was well take care of...

Ragtop69gs - ya mean if you came across a really nice boat at good price, you wouldn't relay it to me?

Damn man thats cold..:buttkick:

We're suppose to be brothers....:confused24:

I would take ya out to dinner at a place of your choosing...

:whistling:

how much for the 20 footer I don't have any pic right now it's all covered up and hibernating. Middle of march it'll get preped and in the water. When I open her up I'll get you some. $1500 it has a 35hp johnson. furniture in fair condition, newer cables and prop and boarding ladder.

got pictures

Ragtop69gs - ya mean if you came across a really nice boat at good price, you wouldn't relay it to me?

Damn man thats cold..:buttkick:

We're suppose to be brothers....:confused24:

I would take ya out to dinner at a place of your choosing...

:whistling:

I never said that :crying: Of course i'd let ya know. The water is still solid here. Things start happening around mid March. I Usually run across a few higher end boats at decent prices. I've found that the best deals are on the older boats. Look for one thats been rebuilt for the best bang for the buck. The 26 I picked up last fall was redecked/carpeted 3 years ago, no furniture, center console and a 50 hp Johnson that needs a little TLC.

You looking for a V8 Tri-toon ? I may know of one that's got very few hours on it, hardly any hours on it, it sits in his drive on the trailer. I think it's about a 2003-4

ragtop69gs "You looking for a V8 Tri-toon ? I may know of one that's got very few hours on it, hardly any hours on it, it sits in his drive on the trailer. I think it's about a 2003-4"

That would be great if it was taken care of and is in really good condition, although I'm not famuliar with the gas milage of V8's? was thinking a 75-100 hp would allow me to putt around all day. When I bought my firebird though, they said the v8s actually got better gas milage that the 6 cylinders as they pulled a lower rpm?

see if you can me get some contact info for pics and specific info... Thanks Joe

Edited by CaptainJoe

ragtop69gs "You looking for a V8 Tri-toon ? I may know of one that's got very few hours on it, hardly any hours on it, it sits in his drive on the trailer. I think it's about a 2003-4"

That would be great if it was taken care of and is in really good condition, although I'm not famuliar with the gas milage of V8's? was thinking a 75-100 hp would allow me to putt around all day. When I bought my firebird though, they said the v8s actually got better gas milage that the 6 cylinders as they pulled a lower rpm?

see if you can me get some contact info for pics and specific info... Thanks Joe

I'll take a ride by and see if it's still there. The V8 I/O's are not too bad on gas unless you are pulling skiers or tubes with a gang on deck.

Have you owned a pontoon boat before?

Have you owned a pontoon boat before?

nope, but I frequently rent them at Peir 54 in Charleston... and A friend of mine at work before I retired, had a 24' pontoon we use to go out on all the time.

I currently own a 12' vnose and a 2005 SeaDoo RXP 215 hp Supercharged jet ski to play on.

Just sold a 18' shuttlecraft that held 6.

Looking for something My mom and Aunt could get into and be comfortable... They are 74 and 75 respectively... Shuttlecraft was way to small, and they had to step down into it which created a big problem...

That, plus the grandkids are just Crazy about water so would like to get something i could haul about 10? people... And provide shade to the majority... Potty and 'Pop up' changing enclosure would be nice... I don't know why they tak about older men having to "go" all the time, but I can assure you the wommen and kids do it a lot more than I...LOL

Theres a 25' oddessey on the net for $15,000 with only a couple of hrs on the boat.

Edited by CaptainJoe

I do like the e-tec over a four stroke. 1 weight is everything on a boat, 2 the two stroke has better hole shot, the two stroke is less maintenance and I have found to be more reliable. etec injects the oil directly onto bearing surfaces and it is not a gas mix, you use little oil and it burns clean. The etec is direct injected , so when replacing plugs you need to index them. I live on a river and use my jon boat year round, I hunt and fish off of it. When it is dead cold out it starts easy and runs reliably and in the cold water that is a must.

Joe

The more people you have on a pontoon boat the greater the chance of it nose diving underwater. More power makes it go under faster. ALWAYS ensure that the nose is not overloaded. It's amazing how fast it can happen ! I have seen this happen a few times to new pontoon boaters on our lake.

Thanks for the advice... Yet another reason for a tri-toon. The heaver people in my party are all scardie cats...LOL, they will all be under the bimini top...

Any luck on the drive by?

Was it still there?

Yes it's still there. It has new shrink wrap on it. No cars in the drive though. I'll keep trying

On a positive note: my daughter said she'd pay for the marina for the jet ski and the pontoon boat if i left it there in charleston Wv on the Kanawaha river...LOL

Believe I'll take her up on that as that way the boat will definately get used every weekend!

Besides the kanawaha and Elk rivers are cleaner than the OHIo river...

Migh have to get a Meet and Eat together...