IGNORED

Best Buddy trailer

Leo, You had Hannigan install the hitch correct? If so the stinger and ball they supply is correct, however I have the deluxe Piggy with 12" Tires and the longer tonge , I could take a picture of my stinger and ball if you like tomorrow. That didnt seem to come out right :rotf:

Jeff

Hmmm........ Yes, Hannigan did install our hitch. We have the PB XL version with 12" wheels and tongue is pretty long. Please post a close-up picture of your setup. Our trailer hitch seems much lower than the trailer tongue. Appreciate your help. Thanks

Here ya go Leo, this is what Hannigan gave me when I had it set up.

been working just fine with our Piggy.

Wow! Straight with no height adjustment. I have the same thing. Will have to get the whole setup into the driveway and take a look at how the trailer sits. Yours looks okay in the pictures. Thanks for your help!

Jeff, Our Piggy is finished. Took some pictures in the back yard, but there is a dip between the trike and our trailer. The swivel coupler makes the tongue longer. It may look okay when I move to the driveway. That's for another day. Still waiting to get completed paperwork from Piggy Backer to register it. NJ DMV was giving me a hard time. Hopefully, I will be able to take it for a spin this week. :cool10: Thanks!

Goodness that diamond plate just looks heavy! Years ago we had a friend of ours build a trailer. I think it had like 8" wheels on it, a place for the cooler, Was 1x1" box tube mostly. Prob 2ft wide by maybe 4ft long 3 ft high, the lid opened from the front to the center and was maybe 3/4 length to the opening. When it opened it folded back so you could use it for camp stove, or making food etc. We camped mostly on the bike back then. I even pulled it behind a car a few times. I first worried about the being able to lean with a standard 1 7/8" ball. But never had a problem with it binding.

You alls trailers look pretty stylish guys.

Leo, I think you will be just fine. looks great.. You also can print the paper out that you need from there site.

http://www.piggybacker.com/Piggybacker/PiggyBacker_Cargo_Trailer.html

Look down and you will see the templets for the bill of sale you need.

Jeff

Jeff, Someone on another forum picked up on how I can get another 1" on our hitch. Both you and I have our ball on the same side of the stinger. If I locate the ball on the opposite side of the stinger, we will get another 1" of height. That may be just enough to get the proper pitch.

As for the bill of sale, I had printed it out with the required changes and presented it to the DMV. They said they needed it, but they needed information on the back of the Certificate of Origin. Asked Piggy Backer to do as DMV requested, sign the bill of sale and notarize both documents. Whatever it takes.......

Leo, how come your area looks so nice and warm ? and I have snow on the ground LOL NOT FAIR !! :(

It has been an unbelievable winter. We went 3 months with only rain, no snow. We had one snowfall this month that melted away in days. I was in our yard today laying on the lawn, and it was fairly dry and warm. Our Heather has been blooming most of the winter, and the crocuses and tulips are coming up. Hope we have this weather when I set off for the Florida Keys on our trike the last week of March. It will be heaven...... :Venture:

Goodness that diamond plate just looks heavy! Years ago we had a friend of ours build a trailer. I think it had like 8" wheels on it, a place for the cooler, Was 1x1" box tube mostly. Prob 2ft wide by maybe 4ft long 3 ft high, the lid opened from the front to the center and was maybe 3/4 length to the opening. When it opened it folded back so you could use it for camp stove, or making food etc. We camped mostly on the bike back then. I even pulled it behind a car a few times. I first worried about the being able to lean with a standard 1 7/8" ball. But never had a problem with it binding.

You alls trailers look pretty stylish guys.

it only weighs like 190 lbs, which we know aint nut'n for these bikes. and the smiles per gal. is good too.....

• 2 years later...

Well, it looks like we will get a chance to see if this is a good trailer. A friend in Ohio just opted to get a toy hauler and tow the Hardly Davidson instead of towing a trailer with camping gear. It was brand new last year and used just 3 times. $500. I was going to get a HF Tag Along, but this deal is just better. At least on paper.