IGNORED

RSTD Fairings INFO Please

Guest Reno

I have a 2007 RSTD and would like to put a fairing on it. I prefer a batwing or Stratoliner type. Memphis Shades seems to be the most reasonably priced aftermarket one but, with no Royal Star application.Will any other fit ? Has anyone used a Memphis one their bike? Is there away to modify a Stratoliner one?

If anyone has put any one one their bike would you please tell what kind and how to do it.

I know there are other threads on this but not with all the info.

Thanks Reno

I used the Hoppe (Quadzilla) fairing, although it is a bit pricey. it has an awesome stereo and four speakers. It is made for the RSTD therefore it bolts right up. i haven't regretted once the addition and it certainly helps in the cold weather , especially around the hands. Let me know if you need more info....see pic.

I really liked both fairings but I can't afford those right now. I would like to find something around $500. I guess I'll have to save awhile longer.

I put a reckless motrcycles brand fairing on my 900 Kawai I just traded. I had it for like 3 years. I had to make my own mounts as they dont make one for it. I used brackets I had from Memphis Shades. But I just looked on thier site and being as you know what exactly your looking for you will be able to tell fi they got what you need. Looks like base price is around $350. I got mine off e-bay from them for under $300 I think. But it was 3 yr ago. The base price one dont have a radio or speakers in it. but you can add those when you can aford it. I spent alot of time investigating radios etc. I went with a marine grade pioner unit I think it was. It had a remote you mount up by the handle bars so you could change channels etc. Because of the way I had to mount the radio (it ws a harley fairing) I had to file a tick off the radios heat sink as the radio was about maybe 1/4" to long to fit in the fairing. Well about 2 weeks later it shook something loose in th radio. I ended up going with a little $20 unit from e-bay thats about the size of a credit card. I built a face plate and also mounted an amp and it would blast the speakers. I ended up wiring a jack in so that on long trips I could plug in ear buds and hear much better. Good luck. Lots of folks make fairings, just depends how much you want to give.

http://recklessmotorcycles.com/images_html/forroadstarc.jpg

Yamaha pic gallery on thier site. Heres one on e-bay with a nice radio set up. Dont say what it is suposed to fit though.