IGNORED

Barret-Jackson

Condor

I recorded all the action last week, and now I'm finally getting around to watching the auction. Nice thing is, when recorded, I can fast-forward thru all the advertisements... and a lot of the auctions too. Seen one Camero Rat you've seen them all.... and there are always a bunch. One thing I noticed immediately on the first day the bid prices were up a bit from the past, and not as many 'wish-I-was-there-buys'. When i got into day two it seemed to me that car prices had doubled. Friday was even worse, and I just watched the first half of Saturday and started thinking... Wow!! only $85,000... what a steal.... :) A Shelbie GT350 ruster went for $350,000, and was lost among a bunch of 1.0-2.6 million bids. You gotta be kidding me.... Add the buyers premium and tax and those 2.5's add up to three very large..!! I remember when the place would erupt when a rare bid hit a mill. I'm wondering what these folks know that the common folks don't.. Sure they all have museums, and I suppose there's a way to write off the purchase, but I can't believe the IRS is going to buy into some of the prices. Anyway it's got me befuzzled. I saw one old 110 year old geezer buy 3 or 4 cars for 1 million plus... I bet he lost his drivers license 30 years ago... :) Anyway it's been interesting so far. Saturday night and Sunday are still in the can.... and can hardy wait.... :whistling:

There are those 1 per centers that have done pretty well during this depression (I typed it correctly) and will always spend outrageous sums for stuff that the rest of us have only dreamed about. They just sell back and forth to each other, "...but by God, I'm not going to sell for less than I paid."

So, what your saying is hang on to your old hotrods till just before you disappear from the face of the earth, IRS speaking. Wait till I tell the evil one we are sitting on a small fortune! Our retardedment will be solved. :rotfl: Shes been laughing at me for years for hanging on to it. :crackup: Who's gonna have the last laugh now.:banana::banana::banana::D

The cars are worth what someone is willing to pay. No logic to it so far as price goes. The 1%ers never got hit by the depression. It was nearly all the small investors, pension funds, etc.

They probably have a business "investing " in car futures in which case the purchase is a write off.

FYI the way they have the order of sale is the better quality, more expensive, and higher value the vehicle is, the later in the week they go up. I was there in 2010 on the Tuesday and there were some pretty good deals that day. They also sell the better stuff during the times the TV cameras are rolling. You definitely don't see every vehicle sold on TV. You can goggle their auction results if interested too.

I watched pretty much the whole auction. Did you notice that guy that bought about 10 high priced cars including t?he million dollar farlane

You mean the guy with all the signing pens in his pocket?? :) I don't think anyone knew who he was, bu he did attract attention....

The cars are worth what someone is willing to pay. No logic to it so far as price goes. The 1%ers never got hit by the depression. It was nearly all the small investors, pension funds, etc.

They probably have a business "investing " in car futures in which case the purchase is a write off.

I always thought the idea was to buy low and sell high on any investment... not the other way around... :) On some of those prices they may be figuring that the dollar will be worthless in a few years??, so buy tangibles... But at the price they're paying it's going to be a long time untill they're not upside down. I can understand a big dog always wanting a rare car and going for it no matter what the price, but multiple purchases of mega priced vehicles that could be reproduced for a third of the selling price, makes me think there's something else going on we don't know about..... Insider trading....GAK!!

FYI the way they have the order of sale is the better quality, more expensive, and higher value the vehicle is, the later in the week they go up. I was there in 2010 on the Tuesday and there were some pretty good deals that day. They also sell the better stuff during the times the TV cameras are rolling. You definitely don't see every vehicle sold on TV. You can goggle their auction results if interested too.

Yep, you're right. That's why I'm looking forward to viewing the rest of Sat. and Sun... One thing that was new this year was the Saturday 30 car run at 7pm Sat evening. It might have been a very smart move on BJ's part. Bunch all the high end stuff together at one time for the BD's convience. Rather than keep them sitting for hours on end waiting for the cream of the crop to hit the stage.. Sunday may not be as pricey as in the past. I bet in 2010 you didn't see anywhere near the mill plus' that there have been so far. I remember maybe a bus or a Bugbati hitting a mill but nothing like this year. I've been faithfully watching all the BJ auctions, and remember the days when we saw ALL the cars come across the block. Now with all the success the show is getting more sophisticated....with more personal, charity, glitzy side features, and... advertising.... I really enjoyed the 'old days', but time marches on and I'm really glad technology has kept up with the pace with fast forward...

You mean the guy with all the signing pens in his pocket?? :) I don't think anyone knew who he was, bu he did attract attention....

Ya thats the gut Im talking about. He had at least 10 pens in his pocket by time the day was done. I do give BJ credit for all the money they raise for charity.