IGNORED

My 84 project - so far.

cabreco

Guest Rev'n Ahead
It's raining today...not much to do so I decided to take care of an "inconvenience".

The engine on this bike is a lef burner. Oh sure it's nice & toasty if you ride in the winter but I'm sure in summer no hair will grow on my legs.

Since it seems to be virtually impossible to fine covers for the MKI I decided to fabricate my own. I used 1/4" ABS and plastic welded to openings.

Is there an issue with these bikes overheating when we cover these vents? I'd love to cover the side vents as the heat is crazy hot on my legs... :detective:

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rev'n Ahead
I put in another 6 hours non stop today. Put on... the air dam.

I've been wondering how our DateBike gets air in there when the only intake is under the false tank cover and facing towards me... can you explain (in pics) the air dam and installation? Or any other ideas to get some extra fresh air in there... :confused24:

Cheers,

Is there an issue with these bikes overheating when we cover these vents? I'd love to cover the side vents as the heat is crazy hot on my legs... :detective:

Thanks

You wont have issues if you cover the side panels, they actually made chrome covers just for more bling. Lots of different ways you can cover them, but you wont hurt the engine.

Thanks

Absolutely NONE!

Remember this is a water cooled bike The radiator & electric fan take care of the cooling. I covered the openings as I said in my previous post...BEST thing I EVER did! In warm weather the heat off the engine was ridiculous! (ok in winter it's nice, but I don't live in Jersey anymore lol)

I looked on Ebay & other places for a while & finding vent covers seems to be as easy as finding the holy grail! That's why I made my own.