IGNORED

Member needs parts or complete bike

Freebird

OK folks, I got a call from Dean a few days ago, username dksmith196958. His shop burned down a few weeks ago and his bike was heavily damaged. The insurance company wants to total it but doesn't want to pay him what he thinks it is worth. Basically the only damage is to all the plastic so he is looking for any parts that our members might have available. The bike is titled as an '85 but from his description, slant bags and the small trunk, I think it is probably an '84.

So, if you have any parts available, please post here and I'll get the information to him. He has no phone or internet service right now as the wiring going into his home was burned and is not up and running yet. Just let me know either here or via PM what you have and the prices that you are asking for them.

He also mentioned that he would consider buying a complete bike if that is what it takes.

not sure what he would want to pay for a complete bike?

i was thinking of letting mine go. and getting a smaller bike. like a 750. but i have no way of getting the bike to him. i will also look in my spare parts. i might have a set of side panels. one has a small crack and was sanded down . they will need repainting. and i would like to keep the chrome off of them if i dont sell the complete bike.

Should still have a full rear end - subframe, saddlebags and trunk, might have a false tank cover and one side panel. Also a worn saddle. All black from a Std '83. You're welcome to it (I'll go find it if you're interested). No charge, just come get it.