IGNORED

2011 in review

Phoneman1981

Hello Everyone: The 2011 riding season was the most active season for us thus far. Dispite almost losing our bike in fire in March, we still recovered and rode 7,000 miles. We have had so much fun this season! Cody Rally, Sturgis Rally, Saratoga WY ride, Hot Springs SD run. Ft. Collins CO ride. We are so thankful for the memories and friends that we made this year. What memories do you have??

Well the Cody rally was our trip of a lifetime, I just moved up to 4 weeks vacation this last year and Leslie and I said lets go !! So we took two and a half weeks and headed out up through MI across the Mackinaw bridge over to the Kewenaw Peninsula across the Lake Superior shore across Minnesota to South Dakota where we met up with Larry and Joyce (carbon-1) and spent a couple of nights in Keystone SD taking in the Black Hills area and across to Cody taking in a few sites along the way. In Cody, well you would of just had to been there, we had the best time. Took a different route home hooking up with Dan-O and Rose a couple of times along the way. The trip was something we may not be able to pull off again for quite some time as it took 15 years of service to acquire 4 weeks of vacation and in October my job ceased to exist so the funding and the paid time off may not come together again for quite some time, We are soooo happy we decided to go.

2011 was the trip of a lifetime and we were happy to spend it with many people on this site, VR ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I for one will never forget 2011.:sick:Totaled out Pegasus Blue Star in March in a stupid accident just outside of Death Valley, then nearly killed my wife and myself on its replacement when a tire blew in June on the way to Martin's Cove Wy. The good news is we are both still here and able to go thru a recovery,we are recovering,tho there will be lasting effects and we got closer to each other, the kids and our God. All in all not a bad talley. My oldest son got a much better job,one daughter gave us a new grandson,the other got a promotion at her work and the last finished her RN degree.And my other son was accepted to Nursing Grad school all the grandkids are healthy and doing well so I am truely blessed.

Mark,

Thanks for your hospitality on my way to Cody, and the pleasure of riding with you on the last leg of the trip. having a friend to keep me calm was a big help when having a flat tire in Casper.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

I have to say, we all learned alot and had a bunch of fun with that flat tire!!!

Mark,

Thanks for your hospitality on my way to Cody, and the pleasure of riding with you on the last leg of the trip. having a friend to keep me calm was a big help when having a flat tire in Casper.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Not sure what was the highlight for us but we managed 32,500 miles this year. Did Vogel, Rode down with Annie and Alan, went to B2 Mom and Dads, what great people, Made a trip to West By God Virginia, Added a couple of states out east we had never road in (PA & MD) Spent 8 days riding Florida. Leaf Lookers ride in Wisconsin (that was a really great time) Scooter Bob's Maintinace day, Bob and Karen were the best hosts, eastern Iowa meet and eat where we got to meet Bryan and Lisa and became instant life long friends. All the riding we did With EUSA1 and Cherie But most of all was meeting new friends and a bunch will become close friends for life. The meeting new friends has to be the best part. Just think of the people that don't ride and don't get to meet the best people ever.

Happy New Year

Rick and Shirley :clap2::clap2::thumbsup2:

Edited by Rick Haywood

2011 was a banner year for Taters and myself....MD is always a blast..Thank you Bossman....We had many miles of traveling with our friends (the N.Y. gang)...Had the pleasure of hosting members at our home from Pa. , Canada, Australia and of course Iceland (and even a couple of surprise visits from the Boss himself)........ Took a trip of a lifetime to visit Starfan at his home in Iceland....We still can't wipe the smiles off of our faces. Hosted the MINI RALLY in New York again...what a blast !!! It just don't get any better than that...WAIT, 2012 and the International in New York. Can't wait...Thank you all for a GREAT YEAR !! Wishing you all the best for 2012 and may God bless you all. :fnd_(16):

Edited by BIG TOM

Well, the year's highlites for us were....

The trip to Cody & return with our 2 riding companions, Sailor & Camos. What a great experience that was, not to mention the time in Cody itself and meeting up with old friends and making many new ones.

We bought a used Leesure-Lite trailer in Spokane prior to the Cody trip and picked it up on the route home. Got it all packed up and went camping on the Sept long weekend just north of Osoyoos. The weather was with us and we had a great time. So looking forward to summer 2012 and more camping.

The M&E in the spring when Wizard765 came out here.

Finally, we bought a Wing and sold our RSMV. We were sad to see our "baby" go to a new home but were very fortunate to be able to sell it so quickly, considering the time of the year. We're looking forward to putting lots of miles on the Wing and pulling out tent trailer all over the place in the coming years, especially when we retire.

All the best to everyone in 2012!!!

Rick & Nina

Being part of the Cody Rally was probably the highlight ride / event of my year. It was awesome to see and meet everyone - new or again. The valuable friendships made on this site, the fun and knowledge gleemed, makes for fun get togethers - whatever the occasion. Let's all ride safe and far in 2012! :thumbsup:

2011 was my 1st year of touring on a bike. Thanks to Phoneman1981 & his quick & timely message to me the day I joined VR.org I found a good riding buddy and new friend. I didn't join VR.org until April 29 last year after purchasing my MM in January. Phoneman1981 & I hooked up and rode several trips together, The Venture Riders International Rally in Cody was the highlight of all the summer rides & such a great group of bikers. Really fun to make so many new friends in a new life as "Biker Dude". We also went to Sturgis, SD and Saratoga, WY with 5 bikes, and 5 bikes to Hot Springs, SD Also made several ride & rallies that Phoneman1981 missed putting 5,500 mi on the MM and just short of 7,000 mi on the new 2006 Midnight RSTD that I ride to work every day I can. Last ride I had in 2011 was Thanksgiving Day. Gonna be a long winter the way it is starting. Like Phoneman1981 mentioned we are hoping to trailer our bikes to MD in TX. I really want to ride with my Daughter & her husband in Austin into the Hill Country. Sorry this is so long. THANKS MARK..!!! It's been a fun year & look forward to the miles in 2012.

Wishing one & all a HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS New Year & many safe smooth miles in 2012..!!

Well besides the fact I just got back from a ride to Pickenfreds house... hummmm...

I'd have to say MD at Freebirds and meeting Kirby his wife, Skydoc17 and to many great people to mention ...

And the Trip to the international rally in Cody Wy.... Where I rode with tom and his wife, Kirby and his wife, Bubber and his wife, Ponch and Lil bit and once again to many great people to mention...

It was "All Good"

And I'm gearing up as we speak to hit the road again tomorrow morning to start the New Year off right! LOL

ONe thing that I gotta ask of everyone though, for this upcomming year... and that is

NO wrecks or Accidents.... PLEASE

Next year will even be better as I plan to attend Spring break florida keys, of course MD, and Big Toms International Rally in NY.

Currently watching the Three Stooges on direct tv channe"l 559 they will be on till 6am although i'll be in bed long before that..."NuYk, NuYk, NuYk" , " Whats the Matter with you", "wait a minute, say aaahh!"

"Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, Whoop"

:Venture: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Edited by CaptainJoe

Nothing ground shaking here, rode the bikes as much as I could to work and home. Flew up to MD in Ohio and saw all our great brothers and sisters there. The best thing about this year.....was being able to spend it with the family I have chosen for myself. I love this place and the majority of the people here, y'all make my year worth while....Happy New Year Everyone!

:thumbsup2:

2011 was kinda rough for us here, bike wise. Haven't been on the bike since last April when my right knee locked up on me while riding. Haven't been able to hold up any bike since then. Started doing some improvements to the bike since then, but that's another whole story. Getting the knee replaced in Feb so were hoping that I can ride the bike again after the surgery. Ups and downs at work have taken a stressful tone with us as well this past year.

Could have been worse though when you think of all the accidents and injuries and illnesses that some here have experienced. And also the untimely passing of a few as well.

Heres to hoping for a better 2012 for all of us.

Edited by Ruffy