IGNORED

What Anti-virus software ?

ragtop69gs

I deleted AVG last night and enabled MSE and downloaded Superantispyware and have it running resident along with MBAM and Spybot. There does not appear to be any conflict between the three spyware programs all running at once.

Does MSE scann your email also ? I can't find any settings for scanning incoming or outgoing mail !

Guest tx2sturgis
I use Apple Mac. Buy computer, set firewall, set stealth mode, file vault and you are done, all that built in to OS. Never use any ant virus software since 1999, and, still virus and spyware free. Stupid fruit company.

:group cheers:

Well, not quite. We do need to practice safe computing and reduce the risk of passing along infected files or emails. I run ClamXav and it's free.

No I've never had a virus on any of my Macs but the occasional email arrives with phishing links or other types of malware, and I don't wish to be a 'carrier'.

http://www.macworld.com/article/134658/2008/07/clamxav11.html

Mike and I use Avast! it's free, though you do need to update the license every year, that's free too. I've had good luck with it.

I also use Avast. Used to use AVG but for a while it was hogging resources so haven't used it for a couple years or so.

The fact is that no matter which of the "popular" A/Vs you use, there will still be a chance that something might get past "your A/V" whereas it might not have with some other A/V. In all the years I've spent supporting systems, I've had a number of times where some virus has gone undetected by one A/V or another, yet found with some other A/V.

That being said, I would not recommend running more than one A/V at the same time as it will bog your system down.

Kaspersky. US based customer service!

I use Kaspersky Business suite on our office systems & servers plus we have a firewall with an A/V subscription. Not necessarilly something for home use tho but I believe you can get Kaspersky for home use.

Currently I have Norton Intenet Security on home and work machines.

It's good at home, where I have a pretty stout 3 year old XP machine.

But Norton is a serious resource hog. My old machine at work is constantly trying to run Norton in the back ground, and booting is a 4 minute thing. Poor thing is bogged.

I purchased Kaspersky for my work machine, will install next week.

I'm told it is has a minimum footprint on resources. We'll see.

On the purchased software, I look for deals on BUY.COM. & Amazon.

I got a 3 user pack on "Kaspersky Pure Total Security" for $33 delivered last week.

I see smilar or cheaper on those sites on & off,, you go to look for best price out there.

Today, I see Norton Intenet Security 3 pk for $30.99 on BUY.COM.

Also, I use IOBIT products Advanced System Care 5 (free & pro) and IOBIT Malware fighter (free & pro). Good complementary products to a main AV suite.

Edited by Mike G in SC

I have used AVG Free in the past as well as Norton. Due to having to replace my pc over the weekend I got Trend Micro antivirus + as part of the pc package I bought.

We'll see how it goes. :confused24: If not happy with this then I'll use AVG Antivirus & Internet Security or maybe Kaspersky or maybe Microsoft Security Essentials. While I have used Norton's Symantec in the past on an older pc it had a big footprint as others here noted. This new pc has at minumin 4 times or more as much memory so the Norton vervion is probably ok too.

Larry