Bobby G

Had to replace the wife's tires on her '05 F-150, and we ended up going with Nitto's instead of one of the other better known brands. I did a lot of research on them, and they rated out even better than Michelin's for light duty trucks, and were $300 less expensive. They are very quiet on the road and have a 65,000 mile treadwear rating.

Anyone have any experience with this brand?

http://www.nittotire.com/

I'm pretty well convinced that the extra $$ of a name brand anything is mostly to cover the marketing budget. All those T.V. commercials and signage at the races don't come cheap.

Fall '10 I needed new shoes for my 97 Yukon that had 197K miles on it. I didn't want to spend more than the truck was worth. I ended up getting a set of Hankook (never heard of them) Dynapro ATMs installed for $397 after rebate. Hands down best traction of any tire I've ever put on, although a little noisy at 35-40MPH.

Nitto is a name brand tire. They advertise a lot in off road racing and the little cars with the fart can mufflers.

http://www.nittotire.com/

They have a cool looking tire where the treads are flamed.

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attachments/performance-zone-tires-wheels-exhaust-superchargers-more/20440d1250997103-what-kind-lift-20-inch-wheels-131_0703_06_z-nitto_dune_grappler_tires-tire_street.jpg

I'm pretty well convinced that the extra $$ of a name brand anything is mostly to cover the marketing budget. All those T.V. commercials and signage at the races don't come cheap.

Fall '10 I needed new shoes for my 97 Yukon that had 197K miles on it. I didn't want to spend more than the truck was worth. I ended up getting a set of Hankook (never heard of them) Dynapro ATMs installed for $397 after rebate. Hands down best traction of any tire I've ever put on, although a little noisy at 35-40MPH.

I have installed a few sets of the Dynapros on three of my customers trucks and they all have oved them. They last a long time,even tread wear, very goos traction in all conditions, a heavy sidewall and not bad for noise considering the off road traction capablilties.

I have gone through a couple of sets of the nitto tera graplers. good traction - good price -- longevity was not the best, however they were on a 4x4 diesel that was worked. Hauled lots of loads and the tire never failed, I just wore them out.

My 2 cents.

Bill

Their mud grappler tire performs quite well off road, although I think it is fairly noisey on the highway. With a nice loud hum, you just have to turn up the radio. I'm not sure what their other line of tires are like. Are you taking the truck off road?

No plans to do any off-road stuff with this vehicle. It's my wife's daily driver, and is a 2-wheel drive. She took it to Nashville and back yesterday, mostly in the rain, and said she felt very safe and not much road noise at all, although she says it drives more like a truck now. As long as momma's happy, that's all that matters!

:cool10:

I have installed a few sets of the Dynapros on three of my customers trucks and they all have oved them. They last a long time,even tread wear, very goos traction in all conditions, a heavy sidewall and not bad for noise considering the off road traction capablilties.

That Yukon had always been terrible in snow. The front wanted to plow ahead rather than turn, even in 4wd. Now it pulls right around in 6" snow, haven't had a chance to run them in anything deeper.

They were good enough to pull me through a deep pile, right until 3 of them ended up hanging in the air.:whistling: None of my other tires have been good enough to get me that stuck.

Cool follow up to this - - I was at Target yesterday, and a guy stopped me as I got out of the truck (yes, my wife lets me drive it now and then!) and asked me where I got these "awesome looking tires", and what brand they were, etc. I had to laugh, as I really never paid much attention to how different they looked versus the other brand. But they really do have a very aggressive look to them, and certainly fill up the wheel well and rims more than the other ones did. I guess some things about a vehicle stand out to some folks more than others.

And yes, I did notice a 'Vet with Nitto's the other day too.