IGNORED

We did it !!!!

SilvrT

If only we had another quarter! Ah...well we had good eats and visits with the in-laws. The Grey Cup is the only football I watch.

Congrats to your Lions!

heh ... I was getting a little concerned there when Wpg got a couple td's in a row... A good game all-in-all tho and like you, it's the only f/b I watch too. Matter of fact, I rarely watch any sports until playoffs and then only if the home team is in it.

I also only watch the playoffs when it is getting down to playing for all the marbles. Didn't see the whole game just the last 1/2 of the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter. Winnipeg ran out of time me thinks, but there are only 4 quarters in a game not 5 :confused24:

My son Alex played against Andrew Harris when he was playing here on the Island, does that count for anything?

Alex is now out there in Saskatchewan ...... I think they have a football team out there too. [ATTACH]62470[/ATTACH]

Just wondering, he has his own cheering section.

Rick we are kind of the same around here... hit and miss on the regular season but come play off time we kick it up... assuming our kids are not playing at the same time. Son Matts' team won Provincial Championship in 2010 so we traveled to all his games on weekends.

The coach had put together the perfect team for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. The only thing that was missing was a quarterback.

He had scouted all the colleges and even the US and Europian leagues he couldn't find a ringer who could ensure a Grey Cup win.

Then one night while watching CNN he saw a war-zone scene in Afghanistan. In one corner of the background, he spotted a young Afghan Muslim soldier with a truly incredible arm.

He threw a hand-grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away. KABOOM!

He threw another hand-grenade 75 yards away, right into a chimney. KA-BLOOEY!

Then he threw another at a passing car going 90 mph. BULLS-EYE!

"I've got to get this guy!" Coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!"

So, he brings him to Canada and teaches him the Winnipeg version of what the Canadians call football. And the Bombers go on to win the Grey Cup.

The young Afghan is hailed as the great hero of football, and when the coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants is to call his mother.

"Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Grey Cup!"

"I don't want to talk to you, the old Muslim woman says. "You are not my son!"

"I don't think you understand, Mother," the young man pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in Canada. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."

"No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment, thereare gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble.

Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!"

The old lady pauses, and then tearfully says, "I will never forgive you for making us move to the North end of Winnipeg!!"

Edited by Black Owl