IGNORED

Bloodless Surgery comes to ANOTHER Texas Hospital

Trader

I was married to a woman for 10 years who was in what they called "the truth" when I met her. SOme of the stories I heard when she left were pretty amazing to me, but this isnt the forum for that....:confused24: You do have to remember that the Witnesses have their own agenda and I would have to see both sides of an issue before taking anyones word on a topic they are avid followers of.

But I do beleive the more we can do surgery without using blood the better it will make recovery and it will lessen chances of any blood products infecting someone else. As we do more and more of this type of surgery we will need less and less blood products as we will get better and better at it over time. Even with screening there is a small chance of passing something on. (its small but still a risk)

Brian

This technology has been around for a long time. It is not typically utilized because it deletes a source of income... Another alternative to donated blood is to harvest your own before your surgery. By donating your blood at the hospital at which you will have your surgery, you have plenty of blood available if it is needed. The cost is much less than using blood from a blood bank. What is not needed is then donated.

Just as a side note... notice how your donated (free) blood you give to the blood centers ends up costing up to $1500 to the patient's insurance?

:doh: