IGNORED

Help finding luggage rack washers

I need help finding replacements for the four hard rubber round washers that mount between the luggage rack and the trunk lid on an 08 RSV. I removed the rack to do some power polishing and the washers seemed to have grown legs and walked away. I have checked every local hardware store and those they have are either too small/large, or wrong strength and curl up on edges when tightened. Local dealer says I will most likely have to order another rack just to get the washers. I don't think so!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Check again in the plumbing section of a hardware store for "Bib Washers". I got a whole box of these and they are used all over my bike for spacers and to protect the finish.

When I bought my rack there were no rubber spacers with it. The bibs are thick and I used one on each front support leg and two under the rear ones. I was able to match the size to just slightly larger than the legs diameter.

Later on I bought these star washers and used the large size bibs under them with the smaller bib on top between the leg and the washer.

I did have to ream out the centers of the washer as the holes runs a bit small for a 1/4 bolt.

Worked out good and the mounting holes are as water proof as they can be.

Mike

When mounting my luggage rack I found some washers that are slightly convex on the top and on the bottom is a thick rubber cushion sandwiched onto it. it makes for a nice waterproof connection and it seems to absorb shock and distribute weight very well.

Sorry no pics.

briax