IGNORED

Carb kit for 83 VR

Hi,

Georgefix on ebay has astronomical ebay feedback but I dont see any full zoot actual carb kits in his catalog, but there are auctions for , po boy carb kits, needles and seats, diaphragms and slides and carb boots. I have used him before a few times, for xs11 parts, and zuki 11 carb parts, and he is good, and he mails stuff right away, and is available on the phone, although, I dont have his number any more.

Edited by yamtom
punctuation

PM MiCarl on this site. Ask him if kits he got for me are still avaliable.

Had all o-rings, float valve & body, jet block gasket.

I would suggest you also replace the pilot jet, 42.5mm, very hard to clean. Also get the choke body gasket. The rubber blocks on the bottom of the jet block can cause problems, even when they look ok.

Partshark.com has all these.

Gary

Here is a listing that is on ebay now. $75 four 4 kits shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-VMX12-V-Max-Carburetor-Repair-Kits-VMX1200-VMAX-/380375065642?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item58901ee42a

The VMax kit is identical to the MKI & MKII in so far as the parts in this kit. It consists of all the O-rings, fuel bowl shaped o-ring, jet block gasket and fuel level needle valve & seat.

This is same one I used on a set of MKII carbs.

Few pictures attached of dismantled set & some parts. Last picture is of assembled rack with choke linkage on carb rack instead of cable connected.

Ultrasonic cleaned to death & Berryman carb cleaner from auto zone.

Close to $500 to rebuild almost completely. I did not replace sliders, small diaphragms or choke plungers.

Gary

Edited by dingy