IGNORED

Replacing seat with harley seat

My buddy. a Harley follower has had 5 electra Glides in the past 20 years and he raves about the police special he has now. Its a wide solo seat with lots of cushion and rides on an air bladder. Almost like a springer seat. Thats was also an Idea but this will put the seat higher.

If it doesnt feel any different the I hope I can sell it forward and regain my money.If i cant find a solution by tax season I ill be forced to spend upwards of 800 for the russel Day long

Ultimate is another aftermarket seat brand. Not cheap, but I think they are less money than the Russell day long.

If you get the Harley Seat to work, be sure and take pictures. I often wondered about it. You see them for sale all the time on Craigslist.

So far I am Happy with the switch to the Venture Pillow Top. Not easy to find a deal on those though. I think I paid 275.00 total or thereabouts for driver and passenger seat.

RSTDdog

I love my inserted gel pad under my original seat. I couldn't ride more than seventy five mile without getting off the bike. That was 2003. Now I ride all day without discomfort. there are many out there and you need to get the thickest possible. Mine is a Butt Buffer and the passenger seat is a Pro Pad (inserted into the rear seat), my wife loves it.

:farmer:

For what it is worth, there is guy on the Delphi forums that has a Venture pillow top set that has been modified to fit a RSTD, for $150.00 plus shipping from south Florida.

Thanks . I am gonna give this $20 ultra classic seat and if still no good I go with my original pla, buying a russel or ultimate in february.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok just recieved the ultra classic seat and boy is it beautiful, but it doesnt fit.

the harley seat is a flat mount and my babay needs a dip in the riders seat. No dip on this harley seat. it just wont work.

Ok onto other things . try to get rid of this and find anotehr seat to try

Jose,

I figured you would run into this, but at the time, you already had it coming. If I were you I would try to find a 2000 Royal Star Tour Deluxe seat which will fit your 96 (with the same seat latch) and is a big improvement (see picture below).

Other than that and depending on how much you have already modified your seat, I could probably help you out. I have reworked several of these early Royal Star seats and they really come out pretty good considering the size of these seats. See my ad in the Classifieds under Rick Butler in Member Vendors.

Let me know if you think I can help,

Rick

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2000models/2000-Yamaha-RoyalStar-TourDeluxea-small.jpg

Ok just recieved the ultra classic seat and boy is it beautiful, but it doesnt fit.

the harley seat is a flat mount and my babay needs a dip in the riders seat. No dip on this harley seat. it just wont work.

Ok onto other things . try to get rid of this and find anotehr seat to try

Thanks . I am gonna give this $20 ultra classic seat and if still no good I go with my original pla, buying a russel or ultimate in february.

I just saw this thread and was going to tell you the HD seat won't fit but you have figured that out.

I have a 05 Road Glide that I have modified my seat with some blue foam a little heaver than stock foam that came in it and I just competed a 600 mile day with NO BUTT PAIN WHAT SO EVER.

If you still have the HD seat I may be able to take it off your hands. If interested shoot me some photos and a price and what year bike it came off of.

Thanks

Tom

I will tell you that my 99 was very uncomfortable for my wife. but my seat had been reworked bt Rick Butler and it is heaven. My wife has back trouble and was probably going to have to quit riding. so I sent her passenger seat to rick and he reworked it also. Granted, she still has a bad back but she says it is a huge improvement, and she can go a couple hours. I would suggest giving Rick Butler a try. We are extremely happy and it is way cheaper than one of the aftermarket seats....