One of the first things I bought when I purchased my Venture in 2007.The stock mirrors are too small in my opinion.I love mine and could not imagine riding with out them.You have got to be able to see what is going on behind and beside you.One of the lessons I learned from driving an 18 wheeler.I bought them from Harber's and had a good shopping experience at the time.I hope you have the same results.

Went to walmart and bought the small round cone shaped mirrors in the RV section for around three or four bucks. They have adhesive backs, so I placed them on the inside of the stock mirror and they work good for eleminating the blind spots.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 99 RSV and the prior owner put those little round stick-on mirrors on the OUTSIDE edge of the mirror, taking away important mirror space! UGH! I'll probably pull them off and hope to not leave too much adhesive on the mirror. Thanks for mentioning larger mirrors, I'll look for the Harber mirrors as an alternative, and watch this thread for more comments about the Harbers.

I just bought a 99 RSV and the prior owner put those little round stick-on mirrors on the OUTSIDE edge of the mirror, taking away important mirror space! UGH! I'll probably pull them off and hope to not leave too much adhesive on the mirror. Thanks for mentioning larger mirrors, I'll look for the Harber mirrors as an alternative, and watch this thread for more comments about the Harbers.

I also did the small blind spot mirrors. Bad idea, they do not work as you think. Just as you say, takes away mirror space and way to hard to see out of the small boogers. Getting larger mirrors. I have been looking at these, any one else have these ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Royal-Star-XVZ-1300-Tour-Deluxe-new-BIG-MIRRORS-/370544836667?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item564631803b#ht_3095wt_1270

Fuzzy :thumbsup2:

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

After looking at the smaller RSV rear view mirrors I thought they wouldn't offer nearly as good a view as the larger mirrors on a 1stGen. Surprisingly.. for me anyway.. they actually gave a better view. And looking around my wide body ain't easy... However putting any type of button stick on convex would take up too much room. I have seen buttons as a stand alone attachments which might work better, but again... for me.. I don't see the need...

If anyone has stock mirrors they would be willing to sell for a few bucks I am interested. I have custom mirrors added on my PO and they are way smaller than the venture mirrors. I rode my friends venture and the difference was night and day.

I rather have funtion than style . Although i must say my mirrors are rather striking.:cool10: