IGNORED

Finally there

AD5ME

I ran Dark Side on my VTX1300 and really liked it. Found a BFGoodrich Radial T/A 155/80R15. Mounted it. While working on that I also found a set of Road King mufflers. Just finsihed putting them on tonight.. Looks and sounds great.... Road test tomorrow....

welcome to the darkside, hope it works out for you. i have had nothing but positive results from going to the darkside. but as i have stated it's not for everyone. i no longer have a 2-wheel rsv. but i do have a trike with 2- c/t's on the back. please read all the post's on using a car tire. i wish you many miles of care free rideing as i have had. feel free to contact me with any questions. my # is in my profile, call me anytime.

best reguards

don c.

Well, as I expected.... Going Dark Side was a good idea..... The ride in yesterday was great. In fact, the little 'wobble' I used to get when changing lanes is no longer there.... Cornering and curves are very easy to take... I rode Dark Side for about 5,000 miles on my VTX1300 before I got the RSTD so I was quite familiar with riding on a car tire..

The stock Road King mufflers are a lot quieter than the Wild Pigs that were on the bike when I bought it... They still have a low rumble, just not loud, which I kind of like.... I boxed up the Wild Pigs for now, just in case I ever get a notion to go back to making noise again..

Robert C.

I do have a question about tires though.... I have the BFGoodrich 155/80R15.... I noticed now to go 70 my speedometer registers 80. I checked this with a gps.. Am I imagining this or is this correct?? Would the 165/80R15 be closer to the diameter of the stock M/C tire?? Not complaining, just want to make sure is all.... Of course, I could have maybe researched a little more ahead of time... :whistling:

Robert C.

I think so.

A dunlop 404, 150/80-15 is 25.43"

Your BF Goodrich 155/80 R15 is 24.7""

My Nexen 156/80 R15 is 25.4"

I had already lowered my 05 RSTD so I didn't go with the BF Goodrich, but I think that my next CT will be the BFG. An extra 3/8" lower I can adjust for with air in the shock.

Steve