IGNORED

i won an ebay auction for tci, coils!

reddevilmedic

I got one for about that price from a guy on ebay a couple of years ago. When I got it I could hear a rattling in the package before I even opened it. It was the head of one of the diodes loose inside the TCI.

Seller swore it ran fine before he tore bike apart.

Finally got my money back, but it was a struggle.

You really should open it up and look at diodes to see what condition they are in. It is an obvious problem if they are bad. They can be fixed up to a point, once they go open, it destroys the TCI.

I still have an Ignitech unit available that will work if you need it.

Also have a like new set of coil wires and caps avaliable. 8mm graphite core. 1 season on them.

Gary

oh your such a kidder! actually, the seller was really cool and let me know how many watchers.

Was the number of watchers in the body of the text? I think I bid on something last week that a seller had that in the listing. It's a sales ploy.

Give me a PM if you need other stuff, I just looked at your feedback on ebay and I have most of the stuff I saw you bought laying around.

What do you sell on Ebay, didn't look for that, your detailed feedback has fairly high as a seller?

Gary

I watch it all. Over 12,000 parts right now for Venture.

Here are a couple of search strings I use to narrow searches down.

1st one is for 1st gens, 2nd is for VMax's

I would really like to know how to not see snowmobile stuff, you would think the japs would know some other english words and not have to name snowmobiles the same as motorcycles.

Gary

yamaha venture -gt -700 -1999 -2000 -2001 -2002 -2003 -2004 -2005 -2006 -2007 -2008 -2009 -rsv -600 -snow -star -enticer -blaster -600cc -480cc -wave -viper -vector -xenon -phazer -mountain -exciter -snow* -srx -venom -vt600 -vt480 -vt700 -sxr -carbide

yamaha vmax -gt -700 -rsv -600 -snow -star -enticer -blaster -600cc -480cc -wave -viper -vector -xenon -phazer -mountain -exciter -snow* -srx -venom -vt600 -vt480 -vt700 -sxr -carbide

Here are a couple of search strings I use to narrow searches down.

1st one is for 1st gens, 2nd is for VMax's

I would really like to know how to not see snowmobile stuff, you would think the japs would know some other english words and not have to name snowmobiles the same as motorcycles.

Gary

yamaha venture -gt -700 -1999 -2000 -2001 -2002 -2003 -2004 -2005 -2006 -2007 -2008 -2009 -rsv -600 -snow -star -enticer -blaster -600cc -480cc -wave -viper -vector -xenon -phazer -mountain -exciter -snow* -srx -venom -vt600 -vt480 -vt700 -sxr -carbide

yamaha vmax -gt -700 -rsv -600 -snow -star -enticer -blaster -600cc -480cc -wave -viper -vector -xenon -phazer -mountain -exciter -snow* -srx -venom -vt600 -vt480 -vt700 -sxr -carbide

That works good. :cool10:

the seller let me know how many watchers when i asked some questions. there were 2 other bidders though, so i just set a max and rolled with it. as far as my selling...i usually sell sports stuff, and mountain bike parts. i build mountain bikes for myself and a few friends. keeping my fingers crossed on the tci, and coils.

Here is the search I use:

Yamaha (Venture, Venture Royale, XVZ13, XVZ12, XVZ1300, XVZ1200, XVZ 12, XVZ 13) -(Wave,Star, ski, snowmobile, phazer)

It needs a little refining because it gets some snow stuff, but not much

I just listed a good TCI from an 84 VR parts bike along with other components if anyone needs one:

Here are the listing details: http://q.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/$(KGrHqIOKjgE5UDjp6H+BOilzwQM,Q~~60_0.JPG?set_id=8800005007Yamaha Venture TCI Ignition UnitItem Id:320769476692Starting price:$50.00End time:Oct-13-11 18:12:04 PDT

I have a room full of parts before E-Bay went crazy and started thinking everything was made of gold. If I could get a blasted garage up "Black Beauty" is my 1st project. A 83 with a new frame from Yamaha in 2000 and a new tranny waiting. Lots of Bling and a few "Go Faster" parts. Good looking Black Cherry paint. Might have to retire "Brown Sugar" Hope she didn't hear me.:duck:

I just listed a good TCI from an 84 VR parts bike along with other components if anyone needs one:

Here are the listing details: http://q.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/$%28KGrHqIOKjgE5UDjp6H+BOilzwQM,Q%7E%7E60_0.JPG?set_id=8800005007Yamaha Venture TCI Ignition UnitItem Id:320769476692Starting price:$50.00End time:Oct-13-11 18:12:04 PDT

the 83 is different.

An 83 TCI can only be used on an 83 set of carbs due to vacuum port above throttle plates.

Any 83-89 bike can use a TCI from 84-89.

On an 83, you plug the port above the carbs and use a vacuum source from an intake manifold.

Gary