IGNORED

Update on right eye

Venturous Randy

I had a follow up with my eye doctor today and he is saying everything looks good. Other than a little stinging the first day, I have not had any pain, so I have a bottle of Loratab I don't need. At this point, I can only see images of bright light, but the doctor is still telling me that the bubble in my eye is what is affecting my vision. So, I guess for now it is just a waiting game so see what I am going to end up with.

RandyA

my left eye was the same way last summer with the bubble, and it is a worry when you can tsee anything through it. BUT it is normal and in a week or so you should start to see the liquid starting to fill the eye again and then youll start to see things at the line level as it fills up. (you can be your own bubble level....heheh)

(It was hard to ride the bike though, as the bubble kept tricking me into thinking i wasnt level when I leaned into a corner......:whistling:)

I am sure youre going to be fine, they are doing amazing things in eye surgery these days.

My thoughts are with you, I am hoping for all the best possible outcomes for you.

Brian

hope all goes well for you after haveing my right eye drained of fluild build up do to MS i can tell you its not fun. and that doctor never told me that you can see that needle in your eye from the inside. freaked the living crap out of me.

Whaddya mean! that was the fun part!!!!!:innocent::stirthepot:

Brian

Had a customer tell me the same thing about his eye,he was very worried,but after a few weeks it's was all back to normal.very scary stuff good luck

Glad you doing better Venturous ......

Now Siscakidd I am believing that you might be an eye doctor or some kinda doctor with that very nice garage you have there, and all those nice bikes and cars and all. I looked in your profile and did not see what you do. Welcome trial member, hope you stick around. Good bunch of people here. Best 12 bucks you will ever spend.....

Fuzzy

Well, today I drove the car for the first time with one eye. Man, is it different. Since it is my right eye, it is much more of a blind side to the right. I really have to pay close attention to any traffic and to double check good before changing lanes.

Another thing that is obviously affected is depth perception, whether it is walking and dealing with steps or driving or even reaching for something. The other factor is I noticed my left eye got tired a lot quicker.

I know that this sure has given me even more of an appreciation for those that have had to deal with the loss of one eye, even though my situation should be temporary.

RandyA

Well, today I drove the car for the first time with one eye. Man, is it different. Since it is my right eye, it is much more of a blind side to the right. I really have to pay close attention to any traffic and to double check good before changing lanes.

Another thing that is obviously affected is depth perception, whether it is walking and dealing with steps or driving or even reaching for something. The other factor is I noticed my left eye got tired a lot quicker.

I know that this sure has given me even more of an appreciation for those that have had to deal with the loss of one eye, even though my situation should be temporary.

RandyA

Venturous, glad you are doing OK. I believe if I could, I would stay away from the steering wheel. Especially if the doctors have not released you to drive. If you are involved in an accident, even if it was not your fault, they would try to hang you.

I checked out your location. I have ridden many times right past and through your location. Stayed at a hotel there, but can not remember the name of it. Beautiful country down that way. You are right in the middle of some great riding.

Fuzzy

Now Siscakidd I am believing that you might be an eye doctor or some kinda doctor with that very nice garage you have there, and all those nice bikes and cars and all. I looked in your profile and did not see what you do. Welcome trial member, hope you stick around. Good bunch of people here. Best 12 bucks you will ever spend.....

Fuzzy

Fuzzy, shamed me into it,I dropped the 12 bucks and joined up

Venturous, glad you are doing OK. I believe if I could, I would stay away from the steering wheel. Especially if the doctors have not released you to drive. If you are involved in an accident, even if it was not your fault, they would try to hang you.

Fuzzy

Agreed.

Now Randy, hopefully your sight will clear up nicely. Otherwise, you may have to go to a slower bike, like a 2nd gen.

BTW: Have you & Steve tried out the full size of that Mexican dish that I had, yet? I realize that you guys sampled some of mine that night, while Grump & I were there.

:canada:

my left eye was the same way last summer with the bubble, and it is a worry when you can tsee anything through it. BUT it is normal and in a week or so you should start to see the liquid starting to fill the eye again and then youll start to see things at the line level as it fills up. (you can be your own bubble level....heheh)

Brian

Well, I am at the point where my eye is filled level with the horizon, in other words, if I am looking straight, the liquid line is just about in the center of my vision. The crazy part is the least little movement causes it to slosh from side to side. Speaking of my vision, I can not see anything except light images either above or below the liquid line. I am hoping that is normal for now.

I guess if were not for picking up the cinder blocks, I could go help Yammer Dan and it would be easy to keep them lever. May not be sraight, but they would be level.:smilies6:

RandyA

I guess if were not for picking up the cinder blocks, I could go help Yammer Dan and it would be easy to keep them lever. May not be sraight, but they would be level.:smilies6:

RandyA

Randy....Been keeping up with your posts....keep that "Positive Attitude" and everything will be fine my friend.

If you convince Dan a "Group Garage Raising" is in order...bring along Lil Venturous......A squared + B squared = C squared with the help of your level eye ....... and I would not be afraid to bet that Dan will share one of his Treasured Secret Rides thats not far from "The Garage To Be" :stickpoke:

Freddie