IGNORED

Installing Spin on oil filter Considerations

Just me, but I'm not paying over a hundred bucks or 50 on ebay just to save a couple of bucks on filters.

However, that looks easy to make on a lathe.

I paid the $50 on ebay cause it was getting hard to find a filter here and except at the stealors and they want extra money for the o ring. Just makes it easier by the screw on filter available at any parts tore or walmart forthat manner.

Daviod

I paid the $50 on ebay cause it was getting hard to find a filter here and except at the stealors and they want extra money for the o ring. Just makes it easier by the screw on filter available at any parts tore or walmart forthat manner.

Daviod

I had Autozone order me two in (compatible) and it came with the O ring for less than the Yamaha.

Dave

• 2 months later...

The Rivco adapter uses a filter that fits several vehicles. The easiest to remember is a 1985 Chevrolet S10 with the 1.9L engine. Purolator PL10193 and L10193, Mobil 1 M1-105, Fram Motorcycle filter PH6017A. I use the Purolator L10193 ($3.99 at Advance Auto Parts). When I installed my adapter I thought I had it tight but it leaked a little. When I just changed my oil and filter I got my torque wrench and tightened it to 23 ft lbs (almost a full round from where I had it)-29 or 30 mm socket. This is the torque per repair manual for stock oil filter bolt.