IGNORED

this Valkyrie Interstate might be mine

friesman

I took a 2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate out for a ride this afternoon and was very impressed with the ride and the sheer power of the scoot.WOW, this blows my 85 outta the water! It was too quiet as i had trouble hearing it running at times but it seemed to fit me well and felt a lot lighter at low speeds than my 85 G1.

I managed to talk him down to a lower price and he has to discuss it with his family and get it cleared off his loans to be free for sale. I should find out in the next day or so if the bike is going to be mine. :cool10:

Brian

Thats the bike I always wanted and still want, just couldnt find one when I was looking both times...........I like it much better than the Wing, even though it is the same bike minus all the tupperware.

I agree with you, i like the wing drivetrain, but the look kinda leaves me cold. BUt I love the look of the Interstate, and with the hotter cam and a bit different carbs this thing really hauls!. Now just keeping my fingers crossed that his bank will clear the title when he tells them he is selling to reduce his payments. ( i think it shoudl be a formality, but banks are weird these days.....)

Brian

I have never ridden one, so what ever this might be worth. I was told when looking around, that the Valkyrie Interstate was really wide and uncomfortable in that way. Kept you spread way out sorta of speak. So please take a ride before you buy, and let us know what you think. Nice looking bike.....

I have never ridden one, so what ever this might be worth. I was told when looking around, that the Valkyrie Interstate was really wide and uncomfortable in that way. Kept you spread way out sorta of speak. So please take a ride before you buy, and let us know what you think. Nice looking bike.....

It felt about the same as my 85 in width but its about 2in lower so it felt much better when stopped at a light. I liked the foot position better than the goldwing and it is just a bit more feet forward than my 85. I get more air between the lowers and fairing than I do with my 85 but today was a bit over 90f so it felt good.

I couldnt beleive how the power was right there whenever i would twist, even if I cranked in 3rd gear at 30mph the thing literally jumped with no vibration or hesitatiing.

Brian

It felt about the same as my 85 in width but its about 2in lower so it felt much better when stopped at a light. I liked the foot position better than the goldwing and it is just a bit more feet forward than my 85. I get more air between the lowers and fairing than I do with my 85 but today was a bit over 90f so it felt good.

I couldnt beleive how the power was right there whenever i would twist, even if I cranked in 3rd gear at 30mph the thing literally jumped with no vibration or hesitatiing.

Brian

Nice, so glad your happy. Makes a man feel good when he spends his hard earned money for these things. Now you are making me,,,,nay I love my RSTD. Does this bike have the built in music and some of the electrical goodies ?

:cool10::7_6_3[1]:

James

Nice, so glad your happy. Makes a man feel good when he spends his hard earned money for these things. Now you are making me,,,,nay I love my RSTD. Does this bike have the built in music and some of the electrical goodies ?

:cool10::7_6_3[1]:

James

It has the stereo and intercom and all the other goodies. It also has a real alternator not a stator so you can add all the heated gear and sexy lights that you can find...lol The Interstates dod not come with cruise which is kind of strange, but its got a good type of throttle lock on it and audiovox sells an aftermarket cruise that can be installed on it fairly easily . (for someone else, I cant do it....lol)

Brian

Not robbing the thread here, just curious of the mileage you get ? I guess these would be the RSTD of the Goldwing style ?

:thumbsup2:

The best I have had was 39, the worst was 25 while pulling the camper at a certain speed that may or may not be slightly higher than the posted speed limit...:confused24:

The best I have had was 39, the worst was 25 while pulling the camper at a certain speed that may or may not be slightly higher than the posted speed limit...:confused24:

That sounds like what the PO said this one was getting, but he did say the big tank really does come in handy going into a strong wind......:whistling:

Brian

Guest tx2sturgis

I think I have pulled my trailer at that exact same speed! What a coincidence!

:innocent:

Not to hijack your thread, but I will say that I had to have at least 50lbs in the cooler to keep the trailer from swaying. It may be because the hitch has the tongue to high or whatever else??

If you decide to put a hitch on, call me first, I can save you a major headache!!

Guest tx2sturgis
Not to hijack your thread, but I will say that I had to have at least 50lbs in the cooler to keep the trailer from swaying. It may be because the hitch has the tongue to high or whatever else??

If you decide to put a hitch on, call me first, I can save you a major headache!!

Anytime anyone mentions a wobble or sway in the trailer, pulled by a motorcycle, the first thing that comes to mind is the tounge length of the trailer. Assuming you have about 10% trailer weight on the coupler, then the next thing to to check is the 'geometry' of the trailer.

Measure the distance from wheel to wheel. Say its 40 inches. Then measure the distance from the axle to the coupler. It should be at least 1.5 times the first measurment, or in this case, 60 inches. This is a rule of thumb that helps eliminate the sway or wobble. You may need to lengthen the trailer tongue a bit.

This is fairly common it seems with home-built and HF trailers, as most manufacturers of trailers designed to be pulled by a motorcycle will design this properly.

If all the above checks out, then it could be a variety of other things, from axle alignment to improper tire pressures to loose steering head or swingarm bearings on the bike...but usually its either trailer frame geometry or tongue weight.