IGNORED

What size 90 deg. tire valve?

I need to get new tire valves for my 02 RSMV. Does anyone know the size and vendor to get them from? I want 90 degree front and rear. I am going to mount the rear one facing the right side to make it easier to check and probably the same for the front.

Thanks in advance!

:farmer:

I did the search before posting the thread and came upwith jack. I looked through the links you gave me and other than one person says they are both 10 mm and one saying they are 8mm and another saying the front is larger than the rear, they best link was the last with a schematic and part number. This however was for the back one only so I don't no about the front, yet. Oh well, I keep on keeping on!

I thank you for your help XV1100SE.

I, same as you, wanted to put 90 degree valve stems on my 03. I looked and shopped and asked questions and finally settled on K&L 32-5414. Now I tell you this because you DO NOT want to by those valve stems,:bang head::bang head: THEY ARE JUNK and too small.

The valve stem needs to be a 10mm..... That means to buy 10mm. Now do I need to say that again 10mm. I don't know why there is so much discussion on the size of that hole and no one seemed to have the right answere.

Now the disclaimer. I have not worked on every Yamaha out there only my first gen, my XS1100 and my R* and RSV so there may be some differences but all of these were 10mm valve stem holes.:080402gudl_prv:

Edited by SMSgt

Yes that is correct. Is that a problem? If I angle the 90 degree stem 45 degrees from the center line of the tire, it will be accessable.

I did mine towards right and 45 degrees towards the rear and it has easy access. I wouldn't worry a great deal about chrome on the back, you'll never see it. I take my right bag off and it really makes things easy to check.

Good luck and have fun.

Edited by SMSgt