IGNORED

Wonder If

Rick Haywood

I was just talking to Tricia about Tuff Toms Trailer and it got me to wondering.......Do you suppose there are any trial members who have followed what went on with Tom's accident and how so many members stepped up to help him out in his time of need and still think the $12 a year membership isn't worth it? Most everyone who helped out had either just met Tom a couple of days earlier or had not even met him but yet everyone helped out. Just the words of encouragement were big when you are so far away from home and no family. I for one hope I never have this happen to me but I assure you I feel just a little more comfortable knowing that I am not alone no matter where I may travel. There will always be the people from this board willing to step up and help just because they care.

Twelve Dollars, is it worth it :think:............................Just ask Tuff Tom

Edited by Rick Haywood

Mike and I felt the $12 was invaluable when he made the choice to ride last year. Didn't get the bike until April, but without the support and assistance we gleaned from the site Mike may not have taken the MSF, learned the difference between belt, chain, and shaft drives, V4s and V twin, safety gear, etc. Most of our local friends don't do the safety gear and mock us wearing it.

Mike said this morning how ironic it is that Tom had his accident and was lifeflighted to Macon where I could step in and assist. I kinda thought my job was over when Tom was discharged. when Tom called yesterday and told me the situation about his trailer I was able to help again. I messaged one of my friends in Atlanta through Facebook, he asked me to call him. I did. Darryl's 1st words were "Is this biker living in Ft Pierce FL?" I said yup. Darryl proceeds to tell me Tom's friend/coworker Larry is Darryl's fishing buddy and had already told him the tale of the accident. Darryl said he has no problem taking the trailer to Ocala to his Dad's for Larry or Tom to get.

Now you guys just read the craziness of how things are working to get Tom's trailer home. While I can't say this type of thing is an everyday occurrence. I can say in my crazy world of who I know this stuff does happen alot. My poor husband has learned to sit back and accept the ride because there's little else he can do. lol

I never take anything for granted in life. And I'm glad Mike and I found the site.

Just renewed mine and did not have a second hesitation. I do want to say thanks to all those that have been helping out members that have been in hurt and those that help each other all the time with the "little things". I am proud to be a member of this group that has so many great and caring people.

"I never take anything for granted in life. And I'm glad Mike and I found the site. "quote"

The site is all the richer for folks like you who do step up and offer whatever they can in the way of help. Be it a word of encouragement or some physical thing like you guys did with Tom. Either visiting him in the hospital or getting his stuff home for him.

Thanks to all who do their part no matter how small or big it ends up being when we have a member in need.

Larry