IGNORED

LEFT is good....Right is bad

Trader

I just got back from a 2 hour ride in very windy conditons...but it was a great ride!

I noticed AGAIN today my bike (the 84) seems to really snake around Right sweeping turns.

Now I know this condition would be improved with a superbrace and progressives and I am going to put them into my 88.

Regardless....why doesn't it wallow around on Left turns too?

When I turn Left, it feels like I'm on rails!

I'd be very happy if I was riding a NASCAR track...but Right is always an adventure and even scary at times!

Tires only have abou 3000 on them so I doubt it is that....why one side only?:think:

:sign yeah that: Yep, I think they are onto the problem.

I have the progressives and the brace and mine acted like that when I blew a seal and lost most the oil in one side.

Kind of an uncomfortable sensation.

I too had that unforgettable experience with blowing a seal while in Cody two years ago. But I was real lucky that it was the right tube. If it had been the left I could have been in real trouble.

Mine did that when I first got it. Squidy took it for a ride, pulled it into his garage and checked the swing arm and found it loose. He tightened it and no more problem. :2cents:
Can you elaborate? What part of the swing arm needed tightening? Mine wallows in curves at or over 110 kph (75 mph). The fork oil has not been checked yet. Greased the swing arm linkage before the trip to Cody but didn't think to check for movement.

The 84 is sold so I'll check for loose parts, or low fork oil....but I"m not investing another cent into it!

Any new money is going into my new to me 88 and YES...I am putting in progresives and the condor brace.

Which raises a question.

The springs that came out of the 88 were the same "style" as the progressives...just about 6"" shorger.

Are the stock springs the same as far as having a loose coil end and a tighter coil end or is it possible it already had progressives in it....just compressed over the years???????

The 84 is sold so I'll check for loose parts, or low fork oil....but I"m not investing another cent into it!

Any new money is going into my new to me 88 and YES...I am putting in progresives and the condor brace.

Which raises a question.

The springs that came out of the 88 were the same "style" as the progressives...just about 6"" shorger.

Are the stock springs the same as far as having a loose coil end and a tighter coil end or is it possible it already had progressives in it....just compressed over the years???????

The stock springs do have a tight coil at one end and sometimes they are mistaken for Progressives, but the big difference is the size of the coils. Much heavier in the Pro's...

Gimme a shout when you want to get a brace...