IGNORED

Self cancelling relay location

2009 RSV. The previous owner replaced the self cancelling relay with one that does not cancel. I have the original, and would like to put it back in. I keep forgetting to cancel the turn signal myself. No answers last time I asked this, so maybe it is too stupid a question to bother with.

Edited by yst4fun

I do not believe in stupid guestions, if you don't know and ask, you deserve an answer-even if it is a smart @ss one.( this will also help to remember).

I do not know the answer to your question, but based on my knowledge of ealier models, I suspect the the PO replaced the flasher, vs the cancel unit to a non cancel type.

You also have 2009 RMV listed, I believe you mean RSV.

Hopefully someone who knows will chime in. I would encourage you to read the service manual, although I admit, usually not very clear on component locations.

Thanks, it was under the right cover. It just looked very different than I expected, not at all like the original I was looking for. Seems to work OK; however, now the turn signals flast much more rapidly than before. The previous owner installed some extra LED lights on the rear, which I suppose increased the amp load. Is this a problem, flashing fast, as long as everything else works? I mostly just want the self cancelling feature to work.

2009 RSV. The previous owner replaced the self cancelling relay with one that does not cancel. I have the original, and would like to put it back in. I keep forgetting to cancel the turn signal myself. No answers last time I asked this, so maybe it is too stupid a question to bother with.

You are nowhere near the stupid post award thingy. That was actually a good question.

I think you have to put at least two of your cell phones in the washing machine, then ask why they won't work. Not that this has ever happened, just sayin'

:sign It wasnt me:

Gary

Thanks, it was under the right cover. It just looked very different than I expected, not at all like the original I was looking for. Seems to work OK; however, now the turn signals flast much more rapidly than before. The previous owner installed some extra LED lights on the rear, which I suppose increased the amp load. Is this a problem, flashing fast, as long as everything else works? I mostly just want the self cancelling feature to work.

If you want to get that flash rate back to normal here's how I solved the same problem with my bike. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61568

Larry

• 2 years later...

While this is a little off topic, it still is in the ballpark. I replaced the rear tire on my 2009 RSV with a car tire of a smaller diameter. This threw the speedo off by about 9 mph, so I ordered a speed tune module to correct the speed display. Now, my turnsignal auto cancel doesn't work. Suggestions? and no, I'm not changing the tire. I'm very pleased with the results except for this issue.