IGNORED

Update On TuffTom

Rick Haywood

I just got off the phone with Tom. He called me to let us know what was going on. First his health. He has 9 broken ribs, collapsed lung (fixed now) Laserated liver, lots of road rash on back, arms and shoulders, also road rash on his helmet. Good thing for the helmet. At this point no surguries needed. He is very sore and on lots of pain killers. He sounded pretty good considering everything.

Now for what happened. He was headed south on Hwy 441 when a 93 year old women ran a red light and hit the front of his bike. This caused him to loose contol and pulling the trailer the bike and trailer jackknifed throwing him off the bike which sent him sliding down the road.. He is now out of ICU and like I said sounds in pretty good spirits considering everything. His biggest concern is how to get to his bike and get his belongings after he gets out of the hospital. I will call him later today or maybe tomorrow and remind him that the accident wasn't his fault and that the womens insurance needs to pick up all the costs and rent him a car and such. I am unemployed right now and if I can figure out the money side of it I might ride down and see if I can help him with everything that needs done. Anyway thought everyone would like to know what was going on. Here is his number if anyone wants to call and lift his spirits. 772-260-5431. I will update you when I get more info.

This is good news.

I'll cross post this to the origonal thread.

I just got off the phone with Tom. He called me to let us know what was going on. First his health. He has 9 broken ribs, collapsed lung (fixed now) Laserated liver, lots of road rash on back, arms and shoulders, also road rash on his helmet. Good thing for the helmet. At this point no surguries needed. He is very sore and on lots of pain killers. He sounded pretty good considering everything.

Now for what happened. He was headed south on Hwy 441 when a 93 year old women ran a red light and hit the front of his bike. This caused him to loose contol and pulling the trailer the bike and trailer jackknifed throwing him off the bike which sent him sliding down the road.. He is now out of ICU and like I said sounds in pretty good spirits considering everything. His biggest concern is how to get to his bike and get his belongings after he gets out of the hospital. I will call him later today or maybe tomorrow and remind him that the accident wasn't his fault and that the womens insurance needs to pick up all the costs and rent him a car and such. I am unemployed right now and if I can figure out the money side of it I might ride down and see if I can help him with everything that needs done. Anyway thought everyone would like to know what was going on. Here is his number if anyone wants to call and lift his spirits. 772-260-5431. I will update you when I get more info.

Guest scarylarry
If Irene leaves us alone a ride to Macon may be in order.

Sound like a plan, just when and is there anybody that would care to ride down for the middle Tn. area

Good to hear that things weren't worse than they could have been. Start mending and make sure the old lady's insurance doesn't try to pull any fast ones. Oh...and see if they can get someone to pull her licence...looks like she's past her driving expiry date!

Andy

I've posted in the other thread, Tom's in good spirits despite everything. I saw him today since I live close by and can check on him. I had to get him a new phone charger, the cops gave him his phone, but left the charger on the bike. Tomorrow I'm taking my laptop again and if he's able let him post for himself, I'll get him to do it. Mostly he wants to see the Vogel pics. So anyone coming to see him if they could burn their pics to cd and have a laptop to view them with, please do so. He asked ppl visit him in the afternoon since the docs, therapists and the like keep him busy in the mornings. I won't be able to be at the hospital everyday but I don't want him to get lonely while there, can we maybe see about everyone trying to stagger the visits so not everyone visits on the weekend? Just a thought.