IGNORED

Hurricane Irene..

someone needs to warn muffinman and mini to take cover their most likely to busy to notice their in danger, wouldn.t want ole Irene to get them.its time to close up shop and get out of elizabeth city ,,steve:mytruck1:

I talked to Muffinman about 7:30 and they are planning on riding it out. It looks like they are going to be real close to the eye if it stays on the predicted course. I also talked to ADC (Authur) last night and they are also planning on staying in the area.

I hope they are going to be ok.

RandyA

Guest scarylarry

Better to leave and be alive and than be looking for you..

I wouldn't dare ride one out pack up what is the most imporatnt and leave, hanging around isn't going to save your belongings but might save you

Better to leave and be alive and than be looking for you..

I wouldn't dare ride one out pack up what is the most imporatnt and leave, hanging around isn't going to save your belongings but might save you

They asked the hard headed folks who chose to ride out Katrina to write their name and SS# on their chest with a permanent magic marker. This makes identification of the body easier!!!

Guest scarylarry

They should too..

These storms are not play time as you know with what we been thru with tornados we didn't have time to leave barley had time take cover..

Had we had the time to pack the death toll would have been less...

I talked to Muffinman about 7:30 and they are planning on riding it out. It looks like they are going to be real close to the eye if it stays on the predicted course. I also talked to ADC (Authur) last night and they are also planning on staying in the area.

I've been impressed with the "wisdom" Jeff has shown me over the years since I have known him...

I just hope he doesn't blow that impression all to **** now by trying to out beat mother nature.. Jeff, think twice my friend.. this storm is NOT one to be playing Russian runlet with....this one is packing a wicked punch.. :stickpoke:

Guest scarylarry

I've been impressed with the "wisdom" Jeff has shown me over the years since I have known him...

I just hope he doesn't blow that impression all to **** now by trying to out beat mother nature.. Jeff, think twice my friend.. this storm is NOT one to be playing Russian runlet with....this one is packing a wicked punch.. :stickpoke:

I 110% agree with you on this....

Thanks folks I have to work on saturday. We got folks needing generator's and getting the ones they have in working order. The wind won't be any worse then when we were hit with Isabel the water will be pushed up but I don't live directly on the water either. If it's gonna be that bad we can just head over a county or so. Plus this one is gonna move faster so it'll be gone by the early morning. The ones really needing to watch are those on the outerbanks. That's where the worst will be. I feel for those folks.

Margaret

We spent all week securing all of the equipment at work just in case. I rode out Andrew in South Florida (not by choice I was deemed essential personnel) we had a blast till about 4:00 am when it went dark... I would not recommend to anyone riding out anything greater than Cat 1.

Guest scarylarry
We spent all week securing all of the equipment at work just in case. I rode out Andrew in South Florida (not by choice I was deemed essential personnel) we had a blast till about 4:00 am when it went dark... I would not recommend to anyone riding out anything greater than Cat 1.

When it is not by choice all I can say is thank you and may God watch over you, some have to stay behind..

The ones that do have a choice and ride it, I hate to say but they are on there on, we went thru one of the worst tornado season I ever could remember and we didn't have choice to leave all we could do was bunker down and pray...

I think I would be out of there, look at what happened in New Orleans, some people didn't evacuate and look what happened to them. Hurricanes are not to be messed with, I lived in S. La. for 55 years and I rode out my fair share, but not one that made a direct hit. People need to realize, material things can be replaced, but your life and loved ones cant.............

Looks like Irene might be getting some hot air from GA and SC. Not sure who may be blowing into her, but thanks. She's not going to strengthen and may even weaken some. Still going to get a nice storm surge on the outerbanks and lots of rain for us. Winds won't be near what they had originally said. I'm actually hoping she's gonna fizzle a bit. I think they made way too much out of this in the media, but I guess that's what they do.