IGNORED

Passenger highway pegs

I found a solution!!!!!:cool10::banana::sign woo hoo:

http://www.bikerbrackets.com/ckopdesc.htm

Including shipping, they're under $80.00 to Nova Scotia, Canada!! Perfect!!!! Yes!!!!!

Now I'm all set and happy as a CLAM that I've got my armrests and foot peg problems solved.

Now to get them, get them installed and RIDE, RIDE, RIDE!!!! :cool10:

http://www.bikerbrackets.com/images/ckop/peg%20out%20small.jpg

For armrests, I ended up purchasing a set from Diamond R because they had one set in stock right now that has already been shipped out to me today!!

Larry didn't have any ready for quite awhile and I'm the impatient sort and I want them NOW so that's what I did. I may end up getting a set of Larry's later on and replacing these but who knows? I just know I wanted arm rests for THIS riding season if possible and I found them.

Now that I have the pegs, too, I'm in heaven!!!!!:cool10:

You're braver than me. The lean angle on the bike is severely compromised now and I'd be afraid that if those were dragging the ground that it might catch a crack or groove in the road while going around a corner.

We never drive fast or on very windy roads. I've never heard the floorboards or highway bars or any pegs scrape on a turn and these are on hinges so will pop back if hit from the front. If we were on a very windy bunch of turns, I'll gladly kick them back in to be sure we're as safe as possible but these are mostly for stretching the legs out for a bit to make sure I don't get cramped up. I'm always very conscious of where we're going and I wouldn't sleep, for example, with them engaged. :)

For those who lean hard on corners or drive faster so you must lean hard on corners, I can completely understand you not wanting anything like this on your bike!

.... I've never heard the floorboards or highway bars or any pegs scrape on a turn...

Scraped the heck out of the floorbaords on the Dragon this summer. Also got my Kuryakyn highway pegs hitting the ground.... that was a little too low for my liking. The floorboards on these bikes do have replaceable scratch plates, so it must not be that uncommon.

Scraped the heck out of the floorbaords on the Dragon this summer.

I've heard of that road. I'd love to "do" that some day - with the pegs folded back - as we don't have anything like that around here. It sounds really, really neat!!

The floorboards on these bikes do have replaceable scratch plates, so it must not be that uncommon.

Nope, I'm sure it's not. Mike just drives very cautiously, kinda slowly and slows for most turns. He also drives an 18 wheeler so he's very aware of how dangerous bikes can be if something gets in your way that you don't expect.

When we are out on the bike, it's for fun and leisure, never to get anywhere quickly or even for really long trips. Most of our secondary roads are practically deserted around here so it's wonderful to be out and cruising along enjoying the bike, the scenery, the fresh air and just being on the road :D

I found a solution!!!!!:cool10::banana::sign woo hoo:

http://www.bikerbrackets.com/ckopdesc.htm

Including shipping, they're under $80.00 to Nova Scotia, Canada!! Perfect!!!! Yes!!!!!

Now I'm all set and happy as a CLAM that I've got my armrests and foot peg problems solved.

Now to get them, get them installed and RIDE, RIDE, RIDE!!!! :cool10:

http://www.bikerbrackets.com/images/ckop/peg%20out%20small.jpg

B-B-B-But those are the DRIVERS floor boards...:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Well, when I get them on my passenger floor boards, I'll post pics. Those are all I could find though so sorry if it led you to believe incorrectly. I am getting them for the passenger floorboards. He has Kurayakan highway pegs on his front crash bars.

Depending on how long the rests are. The driver's floorboards are longer than the passenger boards. Not sure they would tuck under completely.

They may not tuck under completely but there's room behind the passenger floor boards for them to go. I may get larger passenger floor boards, too, but we'll see what it looks like and how the installation goes and I'll post pics when it's done :)