2006 RSTD 3500 miles I am second owner. Bought it in Jan 2011. Went on a ride a couple weeks ago rode almost 200 miles no problem. Go to dinner for about 2 hours and its getting cold outside. Get back to the hotel and go to park the bike, back it in then go to put it in gear and it stalls. Pull in clutch won't start in gear... find neutral starts fine put it in gear to pull forward a bit and it stalls. Try this several times and give up for the night.

Next morning works fine no issues at all. Fast forward 2 weeks.....wash the bike and dry it.....go for a short blow dry ride and pull back in my driveway do the final wipe down and go to start it and pull in the garage same crap starts again. Won't start in gear but starts fine in neutral. Put it in gear at any rpm and its like someone turns off the key the bike stalls and won't start in gear.

WTF is this issue and how do I fix it?

Frustrated!

Ok problem solved! Both times I was trying to move a few feet the kick stand was down. Just went a tried it and sure enough......thats it. Thanks guys I appreciate it. I really love this bike and I picked it up for a song & dance. If I had my choice I would have a Fire Engine Red or the Candy Apple Red that came in 2007 but Pearl White is the way it came and that is growing on me.

Edited by Dirtbikindad393

Ok problem solved! Both times I was trying to move a few feet the kick stand was down. Just went a tried it and sure enough......thats it. Thanks guys I appreciate it. I really love this bike and I picked it up for a song & dance. If I had my choice I would have a Fire Engine Red or the Candy Apple Red that came in 2007 but Pearl White is the way it came and that is growing on me.

I always had black Harleys. I get more compliments on the RSTD in pearl than I ever did on any of them.

Well I was going to chime in here also, but I see you figured it out. If you did not live so far away, I was going to try and trade bikes. I have the Candy Apple Red Raven. But now that I said that, it sounds so different to me. So nayyyy I'll just keep the red. I was wanting a white one though when I bought mine new (2007). Welcome to the site ......:thumbsup2:

Fuzzy

• 3 weeks later...