IGNORED

Where to buy new front fender

Motorcycle Mike

A woman backed into me at the gas pumps and rolled the tip of the front fender under.

I can feel a slight crease in the fender back near the forks where it mounts. The crease is hard to see but I can feel it.

The fender will need to be replaced. It appears their ins. is going to pay up and I'm waiting on a call from their claims adjuster.

An estimate has not been done yet. I'm hoping after the estimate is done they'll wright me a check for estimate, parts and labor. I could then install the fender myself and pocket the labor $.

I don't know if it will work out this way or not. Luckily this is my first expierance with something like this.

The problem is, I cant find a fender in my color. No, I havent checked with the dealer yet. I'm trying to save a little.

2009 RSV"S" in Seashell/Raven.

Any ideas where I can find one?

646.16 plus tax is the approximate cost at my dealer.

Sorry to hear that some moron damaged your scoot but am Glad that you didnt get hurt.

4NL-Y2150-1C-XG FRONT FENDER ASSY | Use for Color Light Yellowish Gray Metallic 9 ( LYNM9 / 752 )

Jeff

I had to have my front fender replaced after hitting a dear last year. I went to Bikebandit.com and got one. Make sure your forks,front tire, and rim aren't damaged, also check the lower fork wind deflectors. Good luck!!

I beleive I have front, actually I have a set of tins in black.

PM me if interested.

Bubber

Hmmm.

Black IS the fastest color.

Part of the reason I got this bike is because Shirley LOVES the color.

But this may be an option if I cant find the right color.

I had to have my front fender replaced after hitting a dear last year. I went to Bikebandit.com and got one. Make sure your forks,front tire, and rim aren't damaged, also check the lower fork wind deflectors. Good luck!!

The only damage is to the fender. I've checked it out very well.

The only damage is to the fender. I've checked it out very well.

Still in all, having it checked out by a professional cost money. Make sure they include a few bucks for that as well. Don't rely on your own opinion, or it may come back and bite you in the butt, and you'll have no one to ***** at but yourself....

If you take it in for a repair estimate most places do not charge for that. At least none that I have dealt with.

The forks could be very slightly bent and not be visible to the naked eye.

I would also make sure that the bearings in the head and front wheel were not damaged, it does not take much to leave Brinell marks on the races.

If you take it in for a repair estimate most places do not charge for that. At least none that I have dealt with.

The forks could be very slightly bent and not be visible to the naked eye.

I would also make sure that the bearings in the head and front wheel were not damaged, it does not take much to leave Brinell marks on the races.

That might hold true in a body shop, but believe me, when a bike dealer has to spend a few or more hours tearing into things to check for damage, they're gonna charge....

I have no doubt the ins co will require me to get a professional estimate. I already know where I'll take it. I seriously doubt there is more damage, it was a very low speed impact and they stopped almost as soon as they made contact. But a pro will make that determination.

I dont know if the shop will charge for the estimate or not, but the guy I talked to at the ins co said they would pay that.

I may be jumping the gun as well. They MAY require that a shop does the repairs. :confused24:

We'll see.