IGNORED

No sound from audio????

EDGE1

Hi Guys. Ive been through all the connectors on my ventures audio but still no sound , ive done the obvious made sure its on sp rather than hs . But still good , has anyone got any ideas before i try and source another unit ? Many Thanks Edge

Make sure the CB is off.

Make sure the volume is up.

Try a headset to see if the problem is the speakers or speaker wires.

Try different bands on the radio to see if it is radio related.

Try the Aux input with an mp3 player.

Try a cassette.

Goose

All the same suggestions that I was about to make. Remember, the volume is separate for the CB and the Audio system. I would start by turning OFF the CB or adjusting the squelch all the way up to 20. You can turn the CB completely off by simply holding the CB button in for a few seconds.

Is it likely all the speaker would stop working , or would it have the same effect if one failed ? Whats the best way to test the speakers . cheers

The best way to test the speakers is to use a headset - if the headset works, then the problem is in the speakers, not the radio/amp. If you don't have one, find someone with a wing (same basic cord) or an RSV and ask them to plug it in long enough to see if there is sound (but do not forget to switch the system from SP to HS!).

Goose

The best way to test the speakers is to use a headset - if the headset works, then the problem is in the speakers, not the radio/amp. If you don't have one, find someone with a wing (same basic cord) or an RSV and ask them to plug it in long enough to see if there is sound (but do not forget to switch the system from SP to HS!).

Goose

AHHAAA, Watson, you may have something here.

EDGE, check to see if the control is on HS or SP. You may have the controls set for headset, hence, nothing coming out the speakers. Center (or right since you don't have the CB) button. Should be the first option that comes up. Up or down arrow to select.

Hope this fixes it. Cheap and easy.

RR