IGNORED

Valkyrie Interstate

Wolf

After 1500 miles on my new to me 99 Interstate, I have to say I love this bike. I thought the foot position would be a problem, but it has been surprising comfortable. It does have a mustang seat, great padding, but very little wiggle room, so I will be looking for a ultimate soon.

The power on the bike is great, gas mileage was about 32, 29 when flying, but the power of the engine is awesome, great torque, no vibes, and stable at any speed! Not that I would have sped by any means...

This bike is just short of perfect for me. New seat, highway pegs, and electric cruise control will just about finish it off. It has all the chrome save for the trunk rack, so that will be next along with a trailer hitch and trailer.

It does need a carb sync, tires are new, and the bike had 8500 miles when I picked her up. She will also need new speakers in the near future.

All in all, I would rate it a 8.5 out of 10.

Thanks again Squid for the assistance in getting it.

I think it is cooler than my previous 09 RSV. I even had the deflectors installed on the lowers, and my feet baked. I had no problems and my ride home was 1400 miles with temps from 95 to 100.

It's good to hear your liking it my friend, I enjoyed taking it for the ride. Unfortunately for 2 up, with Lonna at least, it wouldn't work for us. It is a great machine and I'm glad after all the manic searching that day presented you got it

:thumbsup2:

I think it is cooler than my previous 09 RSV. I even had the deflectors installed on the lowers, and my feet baked. I had no problems and my ride home was 1400 miles with temps from 95 to 100.

When the temps hit 95-100 you're going to cook on any bike. We were out NE 2 weeks ago when the big hot spell rolled thru. On our 08 wing the air temp was reading 101 running 70 mph thru Scranton, PA. It was hot!!!!

Great bike. Bet a lot of RSV riders would be looking that way if they still made them.

Probably be saying the same thing in a year or two on the RSV!

Keep some caution on peg scraping on it. They are less forgiving than the Royals when you get the pegs on the pavement in sweeping turns. (Long/short story)

Mike G in SC

Great bike. Bet a lot of RSV riders would be looking that way if they still made them.

Probably be saying the same thing in a year or two on the RSV!

Keep some caution on peg scraping on it. They are less forgiving than the Royals when you get the pegs on the pavement in sweeping turns. (Long/short story)

Mike G in SC

I will keep that in mind....

Love the radial tires though..

I am on my 5th Valkyrie. I've tried to move onto newer motorcycles but I haven't found any bike that compares. I got rid of my last Valk to get a beautiful '07 RSV. I kept the RSV about 6 months and sold it and bought another Valk. They are fantastic motorcycles.

I have always been very impressed with Valkyries, they are an awesome bike. I was looking closely at them when I bought my RSV. The kicker was the RSV fit me a lot better than the Valk did, but I really did consider the Valk hard. Actually the guy I bought my RSV from sold it to buy another Valk. Good choice!

Just sold my 97 Valk, Fantastic Bike but was offered waaaaay over book for it. Like they say, everything is for sale for a price.

I had no issues what so ever with heat. Actually much cooler than my RSTD.

I replaced it with a 05 HD Road Glide. Picked it waaaay under book.

Very happy with it paid cash from the proceeds for the sale of the Valk.

The HD has to be the best handling bike I have ever ridden. No where near the power of the Valk or the RSTD for that matter but still very smooth, liner torque. :big-grin-emoticon: