IGNORED

Riding 25,000 miles in 25 consecutive days

Dragonslayer

Could you do it? What if it meant raising 15 to 20 Million Dollars to build the Diabetes Research Center at the University of Iowa.

That is exactly what Darrell Rall, Grand Aerie Trustee of the Fraternal order of Eagles is proposing to do. To that end the Grand Aerie has committed $600,000 and the Grand Auxillary has committed $400,000 to fund this project.

His plan as it now stands is to tour all 48 Continental U.S. States and all of the Canadian provinces meeting up and riding with Eagle Riders and other supporting riding groups along the way. As the Georgia State Eagle Rider Ride Coordinator I have pledged my help assistance and support to this project. Check out www.foeeagleridersga.byethost24.com as further details are known I will post and update as this project progresses.

I don't think I have EVER had the physical stamina to do something like that! Not on my best day, in my prime. I think it is remarkable that he was able to do it...the $ he raised was certainly for a worthy cause...good for him!

I don't think I have EVER had the physical stamina to do something like that! Not on my best day, in my prime. I think it is remarkable that he was able to do it...the $ he raised was certainly for a worthy cause...good for him!

proposing to do.

unless i read it wrong he is going to try to do it.

and I hope he can finish it:thumbsup2:

Dray

he would have to be very light weight, have a pit crew to maintain the bike, stay on the super slabs, have a custom built bike designed to fit him, have water and food on board. and be in excellent physical shape. he could do it, but i doubt if the odds are in his favor.

Riding for 18+ hours a day (at least ), With a max of 2-3 hours sleep, for 25 days..... hmmmm ... I 'm in !!!! (I wonder if this would qualify for 25 Saddlesore 1000's?) If they, ( He would have to have a good Pit Crew ) are able to complete such a task, I'm sure it would be some kind of record. :bowdown::bowdown:

Riding for 18+ hours a day (at least ), With a max of 2-3 hours sleep, for 25 days..... hmmmm ... I 'm in !!!! (I wonder if this would qualify for 25 Saddlesore 1000's?) If they, ( He would have to have a good Pit Crew ) are able to complete such a task, I'm sure it would be some kind of record. :bowdown::bowdown:
I'm volunteering for the pit or road crew if he needs my help.

To do this, you need to average approx. 62.5 mph while travelling. This will propel you 1000 miles in 16 hours. With an aux fuel system, there would be 3 fill ups at 10 minutes each (that is a lazy LD Rider pit stop, but one will be longer to get some food so the average should be about 10 minutes). This leaves 7.5 hours of sleep time. Assuming some additional time required to check in/out of a hotel, occasional shower, etc., you can easily get 6 hours of sleep a night doing this.

It has been done before (30/30 has been done). It certainly won't be easy, but it can be done safely if done with discipline.

Don't think the RS Venture would be the ride of choice for this ride. Likely a bike with an upright seating arrangement (like a 1st gen). BMW, Wingabago, FJR, ST.

Would be interested in hearing how he does.

RR

To do this, you need to average approx. 62.5 mph while travelling. This will propel you 1000 miles in 16 hours. With an aux fuel system, there would be 3 fill ups at 10 minutes each (that is a lazy LD Rider pit stop, but one will be longer to get some food so the average should be about 10 minutes). This leaves 7.5 hours of sleep time. Assuming some additional time required to check in/out of a hotel, occasional shower, etc., you can easily get 6 hours of sleep a night doing this.

It has been done before (30/30 has been done). It certainly won't be easy, but it can be done safely if done with discipline.

Don't think the RS Venture would be the ride of choice for this ride. Likely a bike with an upright seating arrangement (like a 1st gen). BMW, Wingabago, FJR, ST.

Would be interested in hearing how he does.

RR

I am too. I have riden multiple 1000 mile days but can't imagine being able to do 25 in a row. I will keep the information posted as this progresses.