IGNORED

Passing lamp burned out...

darthandy

Get a pair of sealed PAR36 halogens from JP cycles. $17 each and much brighter and whiter than stock. I got mine in about 3 days and love them. Bolt in replacement. Cover your fender before you start. They are a little tricky to get in with ring bulb and bucket but stock ones are too.

I'm using a set of H7616's and they are far brighter than the stock and Sylvania Silverstar Ultra headlight. Wish I could find a headlight as good! Turning the passing lights off the headlight looks dim in comparison.

And my headlight and passing lights are aimed correctly.

Pretty sure the JP cycles are these same Wagner H7616 bulbs. They were in a Wagner box. 37 watts.70,000 Candlepower. Just checked they are only $15. The reviews on the JP cycles site sold me and I have to agree with their comments.

Only problem now is I have to upgrade my. directionals since the spots and Silver star ultra basicaly wash out the stock 1157 signals. Looking at 2 watt right angle LED amber bulbs from Superbright LEDS.

Pretty sure the JP cycles are these same Wagner H7616 bulbs. They were in a Wagner box. 37 watts.70,000 Candlepower. Just checked they are only $15. The reviews on the JP cycles site sold me and I have to agree with their comments.

Only problem now is I have to upgrade my. directionals since the spots and Silver star ultra basicaly wash out the stock 1157 signals. Looking at 2 watt right angle LED amber bulbs from Superbright LEDS.

Thanks for the info. I bought some 1157 replacements for my Triumph from Superbright. Fast delivery, but I got the wrong style - about 12 LEDS per lamp instead of 49. The LEDS were dimmer than the 1157 bulbs, but that was my mistake - soon to be rectified. Let me know how those work out as I am now planning to go the same route with my passing lights and I'm looking at the HID headlight replacement as well.

Andy

If I remember correctly your local Wal Mart carries they type of bulb you need and so does most any auto parts store..

Thanks Eck, but I found an even closer source - the partially disassembled Royale at the front of the garage has the same set of lights and since it won't be going anywhere for a while, I "borrowed" one of them.

Say Grisolm1, I found a set of H3 halogens on the JP Cycle site that are listed as Harley fitment. They don't give a name, only a part number (3100456) but I'm assuming those are the ones since they are the only ones I could find on the site. They are $39.99 a pair or $35.99 for members of the Gold Club. Was there much to do to adapt the wire connectors to your bike?