Ok guys tired everything I can think of for my intercom. When plugged in have sound from the CB and radio. But can not transmit on the CB or talk on the intercom. Checked all the switches used different setting, and nothing. even changed the headsets and still nothing. Could the intercom control head be bad, even though it switches from head set to speaker with no problem. I even turned the intercom button on and off and this changed nothing.:mytruck1:

Ok guys tired everything I can think of for my intercom. When plugged in have sound from the CB and radio. But can not transmit on the CB or talk on the intercom. Checked all the switches used different setting, and nothing. even changed the headsets and still nothing. Could the intercom control head be bad, even though it switches from head set to speaker with no problem. I even turned the intercom button on and off and this changed nothing.:mytruck1:

Sounds like you have a bad connection or one bad wire. Check the connections behind the fairing take them apart clean them and put some dielectric grease on them.

Did these headsets ever work on your bike? What I mean is are you sure they're wired correctly?

If so, you probably (and I mean probably because I've never done it) plug them directly in to the amplifier module and eliminate the bike wiring. Then you'll know if the problem is wiring OR the amplifier itself. Maybe you have 2 bad microphones. Try them on another Venture (either first or 2nd gens, they're both wired the same).

Frank D.

I will give that a try, I purchased this bike last summer and just really had not had a chance to ride it. I read in one of the post on here and I can not find it but some of the headsets where not working will with these bikes. I didnt use J&M i go another brand and that maybe the problem.:mytruck1:

Did these headsets ever work on your bike? What I mean is are you sure they're wired correctly?

If so, you probably (and I mean probably because I've never done it) plug them directly in to the amplifier module and eliminate the bike wiring. Then you'll know if the problem is wiring OR the amplifier itself. Maybe you have 2 bad microphones. Try them on another Venture (either first or 2nd gens, they're both wired the same).

Frank D.

Yea, what he said!!! Or even a Goldwing! Make sure your headsets are working correctly first.

I will give that a try, I purchased this bike last summer and just really had not had a chance to ride it. I read in one of the post on here and I can not find it but some of the headsets where not working will with these bikes. I didnt use J&M i go another brand and that maybe the problem.:mytruck1:

That could very well be the problem. J&M has 5-wire headsets for $100.00 each. I had problems with the wires in the mike boom breaking. The headsets were OLD, so I replaced 'em. Works like a charm now...

Ride Safe....