IGNORED

Michigan riders going to Cody

99silver

I know there's a few going, whats your travel plans ?

We are leaveing this Saturday stopping across the bridge and going up to the Keewenaw to spend Sunday night and then taking the day Monday to check out the sights. Tuesday west bound with no set plans except to be in Cody Sunday afternoon. We are takeing the laptop so we can check-up one everyone and cell phones to boot !!!

Gary's cell 810-516-0035

Leslie's 810-908-4603

Maybe we can meet-up somewhere before Cody ?

I'm pulling my trailer with a few tools if I can be of help.

Ride Safe,

Gary

We won't get outta Dodge till midmorning Tuesday. Joyce has a morning Dentist appointment she can't miss. As soon as she's done we'll be on the road. taking I-94 to Chicago and from there who knows. Haven't really decided yet on the route once past Chicago.

Larry

Not a Michigan rider, but...

Irene and I are heading out mid-day (Friday). We're heading up and across Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota, then across North Dakota to spend a couple of days visiting a grandson and his mom in Williston. From there we're heading across Going To The Sun in Glacier (it opened on the 13th). Then a casual ride south to Cody. We should be rolling in on Sunday afternoon. We're taking the laptop and will check back when we can.

If we see any Ventures we'll holler on channel 29 (as always).

Edited by Bummer

Heading out Thursday (4 am) morning and hightailing it to the Black Hill. An all day ride for sure.

Momma, aka Mrs Bubber, wants to spend Fri and Sat in the BH. :crying: Sunday heading west to Cody.

I gotta work in a time to get to OB-1's for that steak too.:fatsmiley: :dancefool: :banana::banana::banana:

Hopefully Sat. night.

Mrs Bubber is in Madison WI so I gotta nail this down when she gets back. :Avatars_Gee_George:

Leaving in the morning. Looks like my route will be I-94 to I -294 to I-90 all the way to 14 (Cody). Maybe a few side trips between Wi and Wy. We'll be taking our time once we get on 90 heading west. Anyone along that route give a shout out.

Larry

Leaving in the morning. Looks like my route will be I-94 to I -294 to I-90 all the way to 14 (Cody). Maybe a few side trips between Wi and Wy. We'll be taking our time once we get on 90 heading west. Anyone along that route give a shout out.

Larry

If you're not locked into superslabbing it... You might want to consider going 212. A great highway, light traffic and very few LEO's.

:mytruck1: :15_8_211[1]:

If you're not locked into superslabbing it... You might want to consider going 212. A great highway, light traffic and very few LEO's.

Thanks for the heads up there. Gonna check it out. Not much of a detour either. Maybe hit it by way of 14 to 71 and westward ho from there. :)

What 14 like?

Larry

Larry, I don't know how big the trailer is you are pulling but if you decide to take 212 over the Beartooth be sure you have the power to get up there and the breaking to get down the other side. You don't have to go over the top though, there is a road (don't recall the name) just south of Red Lodge that will take you to cody. Be very careful on 212 ( DO THE SPEED LIMIT OR LESS) especially at dawn & dusk, the deer are everywhere. BRIGHT LIGHTS AT NIGHT!!! That's the road I was riding last year when I hit that deer, just north of Red Lodge!

Watch for Wayne's house on 212 near Roberts Mt. A log home with a BIG red barn attached. He has an old M-37 army truck out by the road advertising his machine shop. Stop in and tell him Jay & Jeannie said Hi. Wayne is an excellent mechanic and fabricator if anyone needs something repaired. Plus he knows the Beartooth like the back of his hand, I'm sure he could be talked into riding BT

Have a Fun and safe trip

Jay

Thanks for the heads up there. Gonna check it out. Not much of a detour either. Maybe hit it by way of 14 to 71 and westward ho from there. :)

What 14 like?

Larry

14 is good also. For a more scenic route you could drop off 212 at Belle Fouche and take 90 to Buffalo. Then 16 to 10Sheep. At 10 Sheep pick up the 10 Sheep- Hyattville Road (Cty 49) into Cody.

The Big Horns can present a bit of a problem, but going this route the highest point is the Powder River pass. 10,000 feet. From there, it's all down hill :rotfl:

Thanks Black Owl with white hair, we might take 23 s/w and pick up 212 we wanted to see some of the sights around the Black Hills and the will head us in that direction...

Thanks for the info guys. Currently we're spending the night at

Madison, Wi. Going to sort out the routes from here in a bit.

Larry

Took 355 instead of 294 today. Illinois sure likes to collect their tolls!

Larry taking 90 to 14 thru the Big Horn Scenic bypass is beautiful. Linda and I did that last year spent the night in Cody and into Yellowstone, then out 212 Beartooth. You'll love the scenery.

We are in Pierre, SD tonight and plan to head to Wall tomorrow and do a loop around the badlands spend one more night in the area and check out Mt Rushmore and a couple of other sites and point the ship to Cody for a Sunday afternoon arrival.

Currently we're spending night at Sioux Falls, going to Rapid City tomorrow and spending a couple days there. Going to tour the Black Hills area Friday and maybe Saturday too. then on to Cody either Sat or Sun depending on how long we stay at Rapid City. Maybe we'll hook up for that Friday ride. I'll check here tomorrow to see where everyones at.

Larry