IGNORED

Amazing Statistics

Stache

what would be even more interesting is what the term "on the road" really means. For example, buddy's Road glide has been sitting in his living room in pieces for the last 5 years, waiting for buddy to come up with enuf cash to finish his rebuild .... is that considered as being "on the road"??

I'd be interested to know how they can come up with such a statistic.

About 1990 my sister bought her husband a Screaming Eagle Harley. I think it has about 100 miles on it now. Most of that between their house and the shop. A friend just bought a new Harley last year. He was totally impressed when the drive belt broke at 500 miles and they gave him a $500.00 shop credit.

what would be even more interesting is what the term "on the road" really means. For example, buddy's Road glide has been sitting in his living room in pieces for the last 5 years, waiting for buddy to come up with enuf cash to finish his rebuild .... is that considered as being "on the road"??

I'd be interested to know how they can come up with such a statistic.

Usually it only means that someone is still buying license plates for it.

Not hard to belive from some of the HD owners I'm familiar with. Some of the guys only put on as many miles in a year as I do in a normal week of riding. One refuses to ride his bike to work because it is "too far" to ride. That would be 27 miles one way.

One guy was all excited for his big 3 day run he was making with his buddies. Over and done with he actually showed 142 miles for a 3 day ride. And he did ride it. No trailer! Where in the heck do ya go for 3 days on a bike and only turn 142 miles? Geesh.

I take a lot of flack from a couple of them as I can take off from Omaha early on a Sunday morning, have breakfast in Rock Port, MO, meet up with a friend in Sioux City for lunch and then swing by the Branched Oak Lake in Lincoln, NE for a quick boat ride with friends before I head back home for the night.

They say thats just crazy to go for a ride like that. Me, I can't see making the payments they make on their bikes for 500-600 miles a year.

But that's just me.

Mike

One of my employees has a Harley Road Glide he bought new in 2003. It's one of those silver and black anniversary models. He just turned 110K on it. Yes, you heard right, 110,000 miles. Most of it put on when he lived in Florida for 5 years. He recently had it repainted and has done various work on it.

The engine has only had to be rebuilt twice now.:rotf:

No, really. It has.

One of my employees has a Harley Road Glide he bought new in 2003. It's one of those silver and black anniversary models. He just turned 110K on it. Yes, you heard right, 110,000 miles. Most of it put on when he lived in Florida for 5 years. He recently had it repainted and has done various work on it.

The engine has only had to be rebuilt twice now.:rotf:

No, really. It has.

My son and his best buddy bought new anniv HD in 2003. His buddy bought the Road King and son bought the sportster. Son has maybe 15k Klms (kilometers) and his buddy has less than 5k and most of those were put on between '03 and '06. His buddy's RK sits in his living room and hasn't moved for the past 3 years.

After being with me on a couple rides, my son has come to the realization that a fairing and tunes are nice to have. He's now looking at a new Street Glide .... gonna be hard for him to get it tho when he's living on pogie (Unemployment Enjoyment) LOL

Wish I could get him out of this "Harley or nothing" frame of mind.

I have seen this joke many times, and I have even said it myself several times in a joking manor.

The same joke can be applied to Goldwings, Yamaha's, or any other make or model.

Hope no one gets offended by it or wants to leave the site over it.

I had a KAW that 5% of the time was in my garage...the rest of the time I was trying to find someone to help me get if off the road.