IGNORED

What The Heck?

star4772

Well I know this is not a dog board but its winter and nothing else to do.

If any one out there knows of a little puppy needing a home I am looking for a lap dog. I would like to find a Chihuahua,Shih Tzu,Yorkshire Terrier,Cairn Terrier and best of all a Mini Schnauser. With papers or no papers would be fine. I will give it the best of care so if anyone knows anyone let me know.

Oh sorry, I thought you said dog.:think::think:

On to the next thread.

Boy u sure can tell Marcarl reads all post's he always leaves a comment even if its good,bad or a mistake or just kidding around. Sure glad we have people like him to put smiles on other faces. :rotf::rotf::bighug:

Make a visit to the local Humane Shelter. Let them know what you are looking for and you can rescue a dog of your dreams. We rescued a pure bred St. Bernard by letting the Humane Society know what we were looking for. Of course, it was neutered and didn't have papers, but he is a wonderful companion.

RR

I didn`t hear you say Mini Weiner dog???? must be a mistake...slip of the mind?? hhhmmmm I have a mini Weiner Dog, that thinks she has to be your lap 24/7.... she has an attitude, so I named her Cujo... good luck on your search... The SPCA does have some really needy and good dogs though..

K

Our experience with finding a small dog through SPCA has been very frustrating due to them being so popular. Once you know there is one and need to fill in papers they are gone. We got our little weiner through word of mouth and found this a much better way. So this board is good and I would tell all others you know you are looking and something will click. Good luck. Below is our lapdog.

There are a lot of breed specific animal rescue groups around. Ask at your vet's office for some phone numbers. They usually are more private than the animal shelters, and a little less visible.

Vet's offices also usually have several rescues ready to adopt. Start calling.

Another option is to contact local breeders. Sometimes they have leftovers they can't sell. My daughter got a pug from a friend of a friend who breeds them.

There are also a lot of "free" groups on Yahoogroups. I see a lot of dogs offered in the local groups I'm on. Look for the groups in your area on yahoogroups.com and start browsing.

After Christmas, there will be a lot of Christmas puppies looking for homes.

Hey How about a Bichon. We have one and I would have to say it is the most wonderful dog we have ever had. They have a sweet disposition, are loving, smart, and wonderful companions. Oh and they are small too.

But the idea of going to the Humane Society is a good one. Sometimes the mixed breeds are the best you will ever find.

I wish you luck. Our lives would be surely dull without our dogs.

Peggy

We adopted 2 dogs from the local animal shelter with wonderful luck. the first was a female pup that turned out to be part poodle, part daschound. She is a very loving and tender dog, especially around children. The second was an older male poodle that now rules the roost.(when the female let's him) They have both turned into the most wonderful lap dogs that a person could ever want.

Oh, did I mention that the female loves to ride the motorcycle with me.:dancefool:

If you're looking for a small dog I'd go with some of the breed specific rescues. My sister-in-law got a really nice Cairn terrier that way. She's such a sweetie. My parents even took the dog shopping for clothes. You'd have to know my mom to know how extremely remarkable an event that was.

Margaret