IGNORED

horn

Sideoftheroad

my stebil horn went south. Anyone have a stock horn or lead on another stebil? I like the stebil horn but they seem to be a bit more pricey than what they were a few years ago.

mine quit on me about 1 year ago...I replaced the relay and its been fine ever since....check your wiring and ground along with your relay........:fnd_(16):

The Bad Boyz horns are identical to the Stebils at half the price.

Check your wiring to be sure the horn is bad before replacing it.

if you need them, I have a pair of factory horns for a 1st gen.

I now have dueling Bad boys on the bike.

my stebil horn went south. Anyone have a stock horn or lead on another stebil? I like the stebil horn but they seem to be a bit more pricey than what they were a few years ago.

The Bad Boyz horns are identical to the Stebils at half the price.

Check your wiring to be sure the horn is bad before replacing it.

if you need them, I have a pair of factory horns for a 1st gen.

I now have dueling Bad boys on the bike.

I see folks say this a lot and I have yet to find a 'bad boy' horn for half the price of a stebel. I think the best I found was 30 or 35, and for the 'same' black stebel ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/Stebel-Nautilus-Compact-Motorcycle-Horn/dp/B000NPRTII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309755023&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Stebel Nautilus Compact Motorcycle Air Horn: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410V1ZFP7QL.@@AMEPARAM@@410V1ZFP7QL[/ame]) around the same price. :confused:

My stebel quit about a month ago. I hooked up the leads directly to the battery to be sure and it 'whizzes about' but does not actually make a 'horn' noise. I got my replacement from... Either the amazon link above or "BikerHiway" Or possibly BikerHiway via amazon. I think the shipping rate was better that way. Although I had to go with the 'black' version this time, instead of the fake chrome. But I plan on putting it inside the fairing as I am quite certain that some of the torrential rain and the ridiculous dust storms we have around here contributed to the demise of my tooter.

I said half because I had always seen the Steibes at around $50, I paid $22 for my bad boyz.

That Amazon ad is a good price for the Stieble

Gotcha. THAT is perfectly reasonable then :thumbsup2:

I guess the couple times [recently] that I had looked for the 'bad boyz' I hadn't seen anything even close to the $22 mark. Granted, I did not look very hard at that brand at the time because when I bought my original one, I ended up with the 'chrome' version for ~30 or 35 (I don't really remember) and I bought some other stuff from that same source so it just made financial sense to go through with it from then.

Thanks for the clarification! :)

Every once in a while I hit the horn just to make sure it is clear and working (once a week). I found in the past if I didn't use this type of horn occassionally on another vehicle that dust and build-up would prevent it from working. "Blowing my own horn" kept it working.

Every once in a while I hit the horn just to make sure it is clear and working (once a week). I found in the past if I didn't use this type of horn occassionally on another vehicle that dust and build-up would prevent it from working. "Blowing my own horn" kept it working.

Good point.

As an aside, I know mine got near regular daily use as people on college campuses can be complete buffoons - ESPECIALLY in parking lots.

Just put on Wolo Bad Boy horns on the son's bike and mine. Northern Tool and Equipment has them for about $30.00, cheaper even than Wolo's web site. They were in stock at the new Sioux Falls Store. If you have one around your area, check them out.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Last night went to check out the relay and use another one to verify if the relay is the issue. Could have sworn I had another one. Searched all over and didn't find one. Gonna get one today.

Was at Walmart and Meijer last night and they don't sell relay's by themselves I guess. So off to the auto store today.

If all else fails Walmart had a wolo horn for about $36. Don't remember how much the stebil costs at this point.