IGNORED

XM Radio Installed-Only Way to Travel

Shot

I have been using my MP3 or radio on the bike...Installed the XM radio from Walmart and the payment of $11.07 per month ( I did have to pay $15 extra for something) and my 50s 60s 70s music plays 24/7. I highly recommend. I know some of the guys and gals have been enjoying this for a long time but at least I'm now on board.:cool10:

I have been using my MP3 or radio on the bike...Installed the XM radio from Walmart and the payment of $11.07 per month ( I did have to pay $15 extra for something) and my 50s 60s 70s music plays 24/7. I highly recommend. I know some of the guys and gals have been enjoying this for a long time but at least I'm now on board.:cool10:

I have the same as rumboogy, the Zumo 665 and it is THE ONLY WAY to travel with Satellite radio. Hooked it up tonight for a ride, and the unit said no antenna. Cleaned the contacts and good as new. Listen to Bruce Springsteen channel 20 concert for the "cruise".

Welcome to the world of no commercial radio. A little piece of heaven, at a cost.

SilvrT, don't leave us hanging.... You told us about the hardware...how do you feel about the content! :rotf:

ummm... well, I'm not concerned about the content ... it's still on warranty.. :stickpoke:

Actually tho, Sirius and XM are almost the same in many ways and it has been a few years since I had XM so I'm not even sure what the differences are. I'm happy with the Sirius.

Here's a few places to check it out...

http://www.scinet.cc/articles/sirius-vs-xm/satellite-radio.html

http://www.radiosatellite.org/

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/satellite-radio-comp.htm

...Installed the XM radio from Walmart

Where did you put it?:scratchchin:

Since it's a cheap one, (not a put down, I have the ONYX), you'll have to keep it dry.

I carry a few sandwich bags and twist ties in the little pouch between the latches in my 2nd gen saddlebag. If it looks like rain, I just put a bag over it and keep on going.

I also bag my $100 garmin nuvi.

But, since I've enjoyed having both for over a year now, I may break down and get one of the combined systems when one of these craps out?:confused24:

Just my :2cents: , Scooter Bob

PS, mines usually on the Roadhouse, oldies country; or else the bluegrass channel.

Edited by Scooter Bob
added PS to embarass myself

Where did you put it?:scratchchin:.

Mine came with a car mount kit. I used the dash vent mount and clipped it to the speaker grille and secured it with a couple small zip ties. This has worked fine for a couple summers but it does cause the unit to vibrate a fair amount. That might have been why my Stratus 5 unit crapped out. I think I'll order a ram mount for it eventually.

They are fantastic, I somehow ended up with 4 of them, 2 are very early bulky models that I use in my cages and the other two are very small units, that I use on my bike, now swithching radios around. Never intended to own that many but it happened...........:doh:

I have XM in my truck and Sirius in the Fusion. Had it for a few years now. If you put a lot of hours behind the wheel They become the same as your basic FM stations. Same old songs over and over. Only advantage is you don't have to change stations between cities. But if they keep raising their prices I'm gonna drop them. Its now about 15 a month for each radio after they add all the taxes and fees the the dang bill.