IGNORED

Harley Exhaust

Acadieman

If I remember correctly, the inside diameter of the muffler inlet should be 1 & 3/4 inch.

Road King, Ultra classic, Street glide, Road Glide ... I believe all of these "Cruiser/Tourer" style HD's have the same sized exhaust.

I could be wrong tho... I was once before....:whistling:

• 1 year later...

First sorry for my bad English but I have a question.

I can buy a set of road king exhaust only when I look back at the outlets, the holes has different diameters.

Can this give a problem for a royal star venture from 1999?

The number on this exhaust are 65949-07 HDI 2 PSTFC.

I hope someone can give my a answer, thanks in advance.

Leen Delwel from the Netherlands

for the rsv you will need a different mounting bracket and a spacer clamp between the new muffler and the pipes....IF I remember correcly, the ones with the catalitic converter should not be used or the converter MUST be broken up first.....do a search here and you will find who sells the bracket and clamps.... just type in something like road king pipes....I'm sure someone will also chime in...I have the drilled out road kings on my 05 rsv...

wow i get ribbed for riding a HD and you want your RSV to sound like one:rotf:just kidding. i think all the baggers have the same muffler but don't know if they fit the rsv.:080402gudl_prv:

Sorry but the V4 will never go pu ta to pu ta to pu ta to unless there is something dreadfully wrong with it. We use HD mufflers cause there cheap and you can find them on the side of the road sometimes but you have to be quick before a cager runs over them.:stirthepot::whistling:

I think the 08 and up models have the cat. inside the muffler I had a set on mine before I found out. Had one member told me it sounded like a renault they have since been removed and gone the scrap metal salvage.

Sorry but the V4 will never go pu ta to pu ta to pu ta to unless there is something dreadfully wrong with it. We use HD mufflers cause there cheap and you can find them on the side of the road sometimes but you have to be quick before a cager runs over them.:stirthepot::whistling:

I think the 08 and up models have the cat. inside the muffler I had a set on mine before I found out. Had one member told me it sounded like a renault they have since been removed and gone the scrap metal salvage.

there are two baffle plates on the rk mufflers... one in the front and one in the rear.....drill out the front with a bunch of 3/8 holes, mount, and then start in the back until you get the desired sound you want....EASY.....YOU DO NEED THE BRACKET AND CLAMP TO INSTALL THEM.....I GOT MINE ON THIS SITE..... SOMEONE MAKES THE BRACKETS.. Dont remember where I got the clamp from...someone here gave me the addy where to order it...do the search......it all here

Or you could always get a set of Vance and Hines, or Rhineharts and no drilling would be involved. But an amazing sound would be allot better than stock hd pipes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRN_hp_Bksc]Vance & Hines Monster Ovals on Yamaha (Star Royal Venture) - YouTube[/ame]

Or with Screaming Eagles

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKCXQf-7YbQ]Yamaha Royal Star Classic with stock HD street glide screamin eagle pipes - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Daitan

Or you could always get a set of Vance and Hines, or Rhineharts and no drilling would be involved. But an amazing sound would be allot better than stock hd pipes.

problem with those is the cost and some are way to loud....on the long trips thay get annoying to the passanger and the rider....it gets hard to listen to your music and cb communications are often hampered.....the roag kings have a nice low growl without being obnixious....and you can set the tone you want by drilling and then riding....want more sound drill and ride... etc..sorry Dan...not everyone likes loud and yes in a group ...loud usally ends up to the rear of the pack......nothing personal....I myself have been there. Then when you start doing more long distance riding, something changes....maybe I'm just getting old....

The first thing every Harley guy does is pull off the stock and replace it, that creates a whole lot of supply with very little demand. I think I have 25.00 in my take offs and the cost of the clamp. Drilled out and they are just sweet enough not to spend $400.00 on aftermarket pipes. Stowed the originals away for future use.

wow i get ribbed for riding a HD and you want your RSV to sound like one:rotf:just kidding. i think all the baggers have the same muffler but don't know if they fit the rsv.:080402gudl_prv:

See we want the sound but not the cost, and we want the longevity of the Yamaha!!!

:stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke: