IGNORED

BMW's

Bubbajbi

Let me start with a disclaimer: If you own a BMW I mean you no disrespect. This is a rant from my own personal experience.

That being said, I was driving my truck across town and made a right turn when a BMW scoot came shooting up on my tail. Even though the road was only one lane in my direction, the rider still though it a good idea to pass me on the right and cut me off nearly clipping the front bumper of my pickup. This got me thinking. Why do most of the BMW riders that I come in contact with seem to be real jerks? I have only know one who was not and he rides with the same group as me. I can honestly say that I could count on one finger the number of times that an on-coming BMW scoot has given me the old rider courtesy wave. Four times this year, have been cut off by a BMW scoot while I was on my RSV. Last year, my friend and I took a trip to Lake Tahoe on our bikes. While there, we stopped at a Denny's with an extremely busy parking lot. We parked our scoots in the dead space next to the building to not take up parking for cages. Across the aisle there were six BMW scoots each one taking up a whole parking space. Even when a lot is not crowded, I still share spaces with other scoots.

Am I all alone here or is this going on all over, and if it is, is there any way to get throught to these guys? I respect anyone on two wheels (even a moped) and I thought we were all part of a brotherhood no matter what we rode. I have even ridden with Hells Angels and they have admired my bike and were really great guys.

I am not trying to bash BMW guys, I just want to know what the deal is.

:2cents:

Let me start with a disclaimer: If you own a BMW I mean you no disrespect. This is a rant from my own personal experience.

That being said, I was driving my truck across town and made a right turn when a BMW scoot came shooting up on my tail. Even though the road was only one lane in my direction, the rider still though it a good idea to pass me on the right and cut me off nearly clipping the front bumper of my pickup. This got me thinking. Why do most of the BMW riders that I come in contact with seem to be real jerks? I have only know one who was not and he rides with the same group as me. I can honestly say that I could count on one finger the number of times that an on-coming BMW scoot has given me the old rider courtesy wave. Four times this year, have been cut off by a BMW scoot while I was on my RSV. Last year, my friend and I took a trip to Lake Tahoe on our bikes. While there, we stopped at a Denny's with an extremely busy parking lot. We parked our scoots in the dead space next to the building to not take up parking for cages. Across the aisle there were six BMW scoots each one taking up a whole parking space. Even when a lot is not crowded, I still share spaces with other scoots.

Am I all alone here or is this going on all over, and if it is, is there any way to get throught to these guys? I respect anyone on two wheels (even a moped) and I thought we were all part of a brotherhood no matter what we rode. I have even ridden with Hells Angels and they have admired my bike and were really great guys.

I am not trying to bash BMW guys, I just want to know what the deal is.

:2cents:

Think it may have nothing to do with BMW riders, :no-no-no:but more about people in general. I am sure there are some bad apples on every bike brand. Your experience has been BMW, mine maybe different. I found that what works for me is realizing it sure would be nice if all individuals were great, thoughful, caring people. Unfortunately that's not the case. I then remember I belong here and have some of the greatest assembly of great folks going. :thumbsup: Then I feel I warm and fuzzy and go on my merry way.:biker:

I happen to agree with you Bubbajbi, all the one's we have encountered in the last 15 years are real A&&es

We where told by one BMW rider that, and I "quote" Its not just owning one (a BMW) it is being able to afford one and it was obvious we could not.

Another told us it was obvious we did not ride a motorcycle.

2 different times at 2 different locations.

All of them we have met have been rude weather on the rode or at a gathering.....................Ron

The one BMW guy I ride with is a great guy. He doesn't slow down when the road curves, so the rest of the cruiser riders in our church group usually don't invite him on rides because they can't keep up. I like to ride with him when I have time, but when he goes out ridin he ain't coming home for 4-5 hours. I generally can keep pace with him since I switched to Avon tires, but it's a challenge.

The guy is a great guy and is a credit to his community.

Bubba, don't let some jerk ruin your day just by his bad manners and lack of saftey. It ain't the bike, it's the driver. I frequently ride with a bunch of sport bikes and they are all great guys, young and old. We had a couple that liked to show how aggressive the could be, but a bunch of the older guys showed them thier scares and the time off work and wrecked bikes. Now we enjoy their company even more cause we know the are going to be safe and not get hurt. Heck one even came to visit me when I was in the hospital after wrecking my bike. He thought that if it happened to me it could damn well sure happen to him.

Ride safe brother

Bubba let me tell you about my latest run in with a Bmw rider and it was good.

Tuesday afternoon in Raliegh N.C I am doing 85 in a 60 mph zone going with the fast flow of traffic and I see a bike hunting me that has 3 headlights.He is picking his way through the traffic and something tells me not to play as I usually do so after 5 miles riding behind me.He pulls up next to me and he is on a BMW Police bike with state trooper all over the bike and his uniform.He waves at me and is gone like a rocket off the next exit.I have had little to complain about with the Bmw riders in NC so dont let it bother you that there are a few out your way that think they are better than everyone else.Remember you probably paid a lot less for your ride than they did.

Jeff

WE CALL PEOPLE LIKE THAT "RUBS" RICH URBAN BIKERS IT'S NOT ALL BMW RIDERS THEY COME ON ALL BRANDS YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK AT IT THIS WAY........THEY DON'T HAVE THE FAMILY WE DO MAYBE THATS WHATS WRONG WITH THEM. IF THEY DON'T WAVE BACK THERE LOSS. THERE ARE A FEW OF THEM BUT ALOT OF US!

:bighug:

I am not trying to slam BMW riders, I was just wondering if I was the only one that has encountered this and if maybe BMW tries to instill a sense of superiority in thier customers. I still wave at them when I ride and wouldn't hesitate to help out a stranded BMW scoot. I have ridden with several and like I said before there is only one that I have know who did not act like a jerk. That is not to say that they are all jerks, that is just my experience. I know that the "idiot" gene is spread all over the motorcycle brands. I am sure that somewhere out there, there is a Venture owner who is a real a&& hole. Ok, probably not but you get the picture. Don't hate me for bringing this up. Maybe we could all use this to pass the word to the "decent" BMW riders out there to start waving and being part of the bortherhood. It's worth a shot.

:bighug:

There aren't enough BMWs in this area to get much of that. I know of only one guy who rides one and he seems decent enough. To look at him, you would think that he could never afford one. But he owns three. It's what he likes and has always ridden. He's ridden for many years and has been through all 50 states and parts of Canada.

I used to know a BMW car owner who certainly fit the bad mannered and wealthy label. I'm glad his and my paths don't cross anymore.

I chat with this BMW biker from time to time. Fridays at a local lunch pizza buffet is where I usually see him. He likes telling me about how technologically advanced his bike is. He's real proud of his bike, and I don't mind listening and knowing about it. Changing the antifreeze in them sounds like a particular chore - something about an air bubble that gets trapped up in the engine and is difficult to get out. And then when I hear about how a computer has to be plugged into the thing to bleed the brakes, I pretty well conclude that I will never own one, no matter what, whether I like the looks of them or not. There's no sense in that. I want something I can work on, not something that needs a computer to bleed brakes.

Bubba, don't let some jerk ruin your day just by his bad manners and lack of saftey. It ain't the bike, it's the driver. I frequently ride with a bunch of sport bikes and they are all great guys, young and old. We had a couple that liked to show how aggressive the could be, but a bunch of the older guys showed them thier scares and the time off work and wrecked bikes. Now we enjoy their company even more cause we know the are going to be safe and not get hurt. Heck one even came to visit me when I was in the hospital after wrecking my bike. He thought that if it happened to me it could damn well sure happen to him.

Ride safe brother

orin your open minded and okay by me.the rider makes the bike the bike don't make the rider.as far as parking places go i take up a whole space with my bike.i try to show cagers the same respect they show me.absolutely none.the real personality of the human being comes out when they get in their car.when i drive my car i try to be curteous and obey all the laws . i hate hippocrits and i do my best not to be one.i don't worry about my image on a bike .if people that don't ride don't like me, and my bike they can kiss my butt.,cuz i sure ain't gonna kiss theirs.the cagers are the aholes, i'm not.i don't understand why bikers worry about what non bikers think of them .who the hell are they anyway that makes them so high and mighty.there the ones that run the lights and break the laws and kill us.so there.nail me to a cross. :stirthepot: :rasberry: :2133:

In all my years of riding I have only encountered one beemer rider who was a very nice person and down right fine gentleman .He lived in Grand Island Neb.

He owned 8 of them and still had his 1958 R60 he bought.

But like I said in the last 15 years I have not had contact with any of them that we did not think to be an arse.

I know there might be a few out there but I have not met one yet.

The vast majority of HD,GW,Suzuki,Kawi and YAMMIE riders we have encountered are great people and in those groups are 1% ers.

But in my experience its reverse for the beemer owners 99% are just plain rude, inconsiderate, selfish people.

We (THE NAVIGATOR) and I will still go up and talk to a fellow rider as always and even tho there on a beemer we still look for those that we can say "there not part of the 99%" and maybe find a friend in the process..............Ron

Guest KitCarson

I like the BMW bike. I like the Venture more because of its traditional styling and its powerful one of a kind motor. But the BMW is a great bike. And it has ABS brakes, the windshield electrically adjusts up and down, so you can have one to suit any condition.......has a great electrical system for heated seats and grips and all kinds of accessories........I chose the Venture...but that BMW if you like modern styled bikes........it is a good machine.

I am one who has never met the kind of people you are talking about, yes there is one in every crowd, but all the bikers I tend to meet are just everyday people like us. Do you think you may be a little hard on them?

I havnt noticed any negative BMW riders, most all wave perhaps it my first gen looks like them more then a 2nd gen :confused24: ill get waves from rice rockets also. on the sp[ace parking, I never felt right parking on the sidewalk area of store like i see alot of bike doing. but my brother parled his wing a few time like that, so one day were making a stop at walmart and he see a bike up front and pulls up nexk to it and ill pull along, before i even shut my motor off a worker woman come up and said its not allowed to park there and the guy already there may just get a ticket. so after that I alway take 2 spaces at walmart. besides if you park 2 bikes in ne space espicially at walmart you got a good chance a car next to you will door jam you. walmart has alot of doorjobbers

and dennys has a lot of old farts who swing the door blindly http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:gS4BNFUh2aINmM:http://www.fcpp.org/images/cartoon/magoo.jpg

I like the BMW bike. I like the Venture more because of its traditional styling and its powerful one of a kind motor. But the BMW is a great bike. And it has ABS brakes, the windshield electrically adjusts up and down, so you can have one to suit any condition.......has a great electrical system for heated seats and grips and all kinds of accessories........I chose the Venture...but that BMW if you like modern styled bikes........it is a good machine.

always jumping in front of the bus, huh, kit?

one of these days , you're gonna get plastered! i respect a man , who says what he is thinking, more than one ,who says what he THINKS you want to hear.

lol

just jt